Estimation of yields per ton of boards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The yield will be somewhat more than that, how much I don't know.
I asked specifically for this type because I only reach 65 grams per ton, so even if you calculated copper, silver and palladium it will be less than what they pay, just I want to make sure if someone got more than 65 grams per ton.

I asked specifically for this type because I only reach 65 grams per ton, so even if you calculated copper, silver and palladium it will be less than what they pay, just I want to make sure if someone got more than 65 grams per ton.
Since Boardsort pay 2.9 USD the yield will be somewhat more, down the line, since the big guys make sure they make money.
But these guys have significantly lower cost per ton due to the volume than anyone of us may hope for.

Since Boardsort pay 2.9 USD the yield will be somewhat more, down the line, since the big guys make sure they make money.
But these guys have significantly lower cost per ton due to the volume than anyone of us may hope for.
Regardless the cost, hopw someone here has a record on same type

Regardless the cost, hopw someone here has a record on same type
"Normal" boards in the lower end including modern PC boards often do yield in the region of 60-80ppm Au Ayham. It's not the change in process, its the quality of the raw product that's the issue. As an FYI, the 500ppm Au fits perfectly in the range for high grade telecoms.

I wouldn't be able to say more without seeing the types of boards but from a general product perspective I'm comfortable with the numbers I've suggested.

Jon

"Normal" boards in the lower end including modern PC boards often do yield in the region of 60-80ppm Au Ayham. It's not the change in process, its the quality of the raw product that's the issue. As an FYI, the 500ppm Au fits perfectly in the range for high grade telecoms.

I wouldn't be able to say more without seeing the types of boards but from a general product perspective I'm comfortable with the numbers I've suggested.

Jon
That's makes me more confused, they buy 1 ton for approximately 6,500 USD, let's say they got the following:

65 grams gold x 78 (they didn't update their prices since several days, so gold spot was about 78 usd per gram) = 5,070 usd

150 kg pure copper x 8.2 (Copper cathode price usually based on LME X 90%)= 1,230 usd

About 300 grams silver= 270 usd

Total 6,570 (Don't know about palladium)

So if we consider that they process such motherboards their profit will be 70 usd only and they invest 6500 without calculating any running or investment cost, am sure running cost will be more than 70 usd. So how they get profit???

That's makes me more confused, they buy 1 ton for approximately 6,500 USD, let's say they got the following:

65 grams gold x 78 (they didn't update their prices since several days, so gold spot was about 78 usd per gram) = 5,070 usd

150 kg pure copper x 8.2 (Copper cathode price usually based on LME X 90%)= 1,230 usd

About 300 grams silver= 270 usd

Total 6,570 (Don't know about palladium)

So if we consider that they process such motherboards their profit will be 70 usd only and they invest 6500 without calculating any running or investment cost, am sure running cost will be more than 70 usd. So how they get profit???
There's a very simple answer to this. Because they benefit from all the other metals....

There's a very simple answer to this. Because they benefit from all the other metals....
Recovering tin, nickel or aluminum from slags are very costly, I believe that most refiners smelt pcb's without removing metals or make segregation, let's say they recover tin, I doubt tin yield will cover its recovering cost and add profit to their main smelt.

I think they get more than 65 grams per ton in some how, specially when you check their prices for RAM's you will see that they got a good profit from RAM's gold yield comparing to what they pay.

Recovering tin, nickel or aluminum from slags are very costly, I believe that most refiners smelt pcb's without removing metals or make segregation, let's say they recover tin, I doubt tin yield will cover its recovering cost and add profit to their main smelt.

I think they get more than 65 grams per ton in some how, specially when you check their prices for RAM's you will see that they got a good profit from RAM's gold yield comparing to what they pay.
Refineries are extremely clever and efficient at what they do. The Tin alone is a fair to large uplift not to mention all the other metals. Whilst I agree that they may not be 100% accurate in every single yield report they give (or assay) the business model is based around the profit from everything else that they do not pay you for. That given I'm afraid I can't agree with your point.

maybe it's simpler
this is an advertising position, according to which they work at 0
but it attracts clients....
In such a highly competitive market, one must remember about proper marketing...

maybe it's simpler
this is an advertising position, according to which they work at 0
but it attracts clients....
In such a highly competitive market, one must remember about proper marketing...
I think Kurtak mentioned before that he dealt with them, he didn't mention anything about their advertising pricing so I doubt they change their pricing when actual dealing

Could it be that some places buy lower grades at the upper end of their value just to get access to the sellers higher grade boards at a discount? In the over all picture making what appears to be a break even or loosing deal into a profitable business plan.

I think Kurtak mentioned before that he dealt with them, he didn't mention anything about their advertising pricing so I doubt they change their pricing when actual dealing
I don't know how it is "in the West", but in my country (in Ukraine) and in the entire post-Soviet space they act exactly like that.
This, however, is connected with radio components.
The most common items are bought at a price with a minimum margin or even 0, but along with them they also bring in parts that are rarer, with a higher yield, which are bought at a price equal to half or even a third of the precious metal content...
Well, and there are a lot of variants of parts.
The usual price list of buyers is several hundred, or about a thousand items...

Latest posts

Back