expert help needed!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaxon123

I am trying to extract gold from used CPUs by disolving with nitric acid, however i got stuck from this step, don't know how to get the gold dust out of beaker thats fallen off from metal pins, at the moment i have this dark green colour liquid that must have a mix of scraps. how do i get the gold dust purefied?

Attachments

• gold dust.jpg
    gold dust.jpg
    65.6 KB
You need to stop where you are and do some more research before you end up losing you gold,hurting yourself,or worse,hurting someone else.
If you are stuck at this stage,then you won't make it to the end without needing more help.Utilize the search box at the top right,and go to Lazersteves website http://www.goldrecovery.us/ and watch some videos and take notes.You should consider purchasing one/some of his videos as well,and any other items you may need.

mic said:
You need to stop where you are and do some more research before you end up losing you gold,hurting yourself,or worse,hurting someone else.
If you are stuck at this stage,then you won't make it to the end without needing more help.Utilize the search box at the top right,and go to Lazersteves website http://www.goldrecovery.us/ and watch some videos and take notes.You should consider purchasing one/some of his videos as well,and any other items you may need.

Do you have that as a copy and paste? I see you post the same thing everytime someone has a question that has been asked a million times before.

rasanders22 said:
mic said:

Do you have that as a copy and paste? I see you post the same thing everytime someone has a question that has been asked a million times before.

Problem is that not many people bothers with reading forum or recomended literature. Everyone think that they have treasure at hand and that their problem is pressing matter. Well it is exactly what it is - their problem until they realize that nobody was born as excellent mechanic. Everyone went to school first. 99% of questions were answered multiple times. If somebody wont spend his time reading then Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V is fast answer :mrgreen:

rasanders22 said:
I will be a little reserved towards you considering you are new,but being a donkey to someone that has been a member longer than 99% of the members here,is NOT something I would suggest you start doing as a new member.I doubt highly I have typed that exact response ever on the forum,and I certainly have never "copied and pasted" that response........however I have stated some of those comments many times considering it is good advice,and it gets the point across quickly without being too harsh on anyone.Myself,as well as about 50 other "dedicated" members,give what they can here without asking for anything in return.The moderators,give relentlessly,their time,knowledge,hearts and souls to this forum,and they do often state the same responses to a given situation.They would not have been as kind had you directed that comment at one of them.I can give direction and help where it is needed,but what I will NOT do is try to help someone that is about to dive head first into a shark tank,dipped in blood.I have paid my dues here,repeatedly,so in the future how about showing me a little more respect? And if not,then just refrain from the insults.

rasanders22 said:
mic said:

i haven't been here long at all ...... this is the most useful response that every seasoned member gives to the new guys/gals. and the reason that is even stated 90% of the questions asked have been answered somewhere in these hand books and forum threads....
i may be a FNG but i rather get key to knowledge than someone holding my hand... thats why most my questions are not to get a answer anymore it's a just a point in the direction i need to go or opinions.....

And the people that have been here for so long know more than a book can teach.....

What can go wrong, will go wrong.... and the place you seek assistance , you might not want to piss them all off .... personally i would show respect, man. i am probably chiming in where i don't need to like always .

but besides that Jaxon everything you find posted by LazerSteve will answer a lot of questions there are 2 hand books with in this forum and C.M Hoke book you will want to look over.... good luck
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2887935/GOLD-REFINING-FORUM-HANBOOK-VOL-1 this will come in real handy

lol u dont get fights on forums often, especially when you post a question asking for help, i just want to say both of you are awesome people, having you two on this forum is just fabulous.

I am new to this gold refinery, my friend and i are thinking of starting a little backyard project, so far have not been successful, i will post more questions in the future for sure, but i am a good learner and wise one, i will always pay respect, and if you offer me assistance that i will surely not forget, maybe if you give me your address i will even post you surprise chrismas presents. :)

no fighting here at all .....

Jax you will find plenty of help here from people as long as you try to help yourself... i would like to see your products from your efforts when you get to that point.... getting the gold is great. after you learn your safety... biggest tip worry about Base metals first and don't throw anything out until after you tested you might regret it...
always look up info on what you are going to process if possible there are things out there that are disasters waiting to happen if not prepared .... TRUST ME i have had my fair share. and more than likely will have more it is inevitable. again good luck......

OH YEAH.. i could really go for 10 to 20 troy Oz's of Rhodium for Xmas (and everyone else here probably would too) LOL...

lol, thanks for the tips, i will certainly not waste any base metals or cause any hazards. i will surely post you our lab results and be sending you couple Ozs of gold to start with. ^_^ bullzzzzeye

Latest posts

Back