Feasiblity of following process

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjavanb123

I am curios is it feasiable to process 1 tons of tailing dump containg 20grams of Au, and 50grams of Ag with following.

1. Removing all the silica in the tailing 63%. using Hydroflouric acid.
2. Dissolving all base metals such as K, Na, Fe, Mg, Cu from solution using
nitric acid.
3. Dissolving the residue in Aqua Regia
4. Recovering gold using So2 or copperas as mentioned in Hokes guide.
5. Recovering silver

would this be economical considernig the amount of Au and Ag per tons? Total reserve estimated 5 million tons of tailing dump.

I certainly wouldn't want to use HF in that quantity. If you haven't used HF before, you don't know what you're getting into. A little on your skin can burn to the bone - very painfully - I've been there. Of all the common inorganic chemicals, it is by far the most dangerous to use, in my estimation. It frightens me when discussion of the use of HF is tossed around so lightly on this forum. Were it up to me, discussion of its use would not be allowed on this forum.

Twenty grams of AU per ton?

I wouldn't think it could be economical at all.

I'd look for another method.

Mark

markqf1 said:
Twenty grams of AU per ton?

I wouldn't think it could be economical at all.

I'd look for another method.

Mark

Thanks all for the input. I have searched for methods used in leaching gold specially for tailing, and concluded the best commercial leaching is alkaline cyanide leaching.

Here is a good link to test to see if cyanide is the answer for u.

http://66.113.204.26/mining/minproc/cyanide-leach-test.htm

Even if you ignore the safety issues, and the massive quantity of hazmat, and the cost of a large volume of acids. Your process sounds entirely upside down.

Targeting the waste matter is backwards. Kinda like burning down your garage to find your lost hammer :wink: :lol:

Latest posts

Back