First Question.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FunForFree33

Hi all. Im new here. I am a avid treasure hunter and over the years have acumulated a huge pile of gold filled gold plated and gold HGE jewlery. I want to refine the gold from these items. But have no clue where to start. Is there a safe way of doing it? Does it have to be seperated like 10k from 12k etc.? I tried to find a place I couls just send the whole lot to and have it done but have come up dry. Dont know what to do with all this stuff. Any help for a newbie.. Thanks

I would sure separate everything only to have an idea of what I have at hand. I dont know if you want to process that yourself or you want that processed by someone. If you want to try, you need to sit down and take a look at getting some knowledge or theory before you try it in real. If second option is better for you and you look for faster turnaround you can start thread and take best offer.

Patnors dead on when he says you need to separate your scraps into different types and is also correct to say if you want to do it yourself the information is freely available on here but it will require some hard work on your behalf to learn the basics,start with C.M.Hoke which I think Patnor has as a download on his signature line. If after reading that you really don't want to do it yourself post photos of your different types of scrap on the forum with weights and invite tenders to toll refine it for you. It would also help if members knew where you were from before they responded.

You can read the forum for methods, but if you are a visual learner, like so many others, my Gold Filled DVD is only $25 plus shipping from http://goldrecovery.us/pricing.asp .

I also agree that you should not mix scrap types when refining. The HGE will strip nicely in the sulfuric stripping cell as seen on my website videos and is discussed at length here on the forum.

Check out the Guided Tour Link below.

Welcome to the forum,

Steve

lazersteve said:
You can read the forum for methods, but if you are a visual learner, like so many others, my Gold Filled DVD is only $25 plus shipping from http://goldrecovery.us/pricing.asp .

I also agree that you should not mix scrap types when refining. The HGE will strip nicely in the sulfuric stripping cell as seen on my website videos and is discussed at length here on the forum.

Welcome to the forum,

Steve

Ordered the DVD today.

FunForFree33 said:
lazersteve said:

Welcome to the forum,

Steve

Ordered the DVD today.
Wise man. You just leap-frogged to the head of the pack. Remember - "wisdom" isn't the same as "knowledge". It is "knowledge APPLIED".
Good luck & keep us posted on your progress.
dtectr

Latest posts

Back