Gold In Solution

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohhh Yesss have a valuable lesson indeed Harold,
Fortunately I did not use my gold to learn with,,, it was simply $80 worth of ceramic cpu's. On a sader note, the brown mud was NOT gold!!! When I put the torch to a sample it simply burned away. So now I have to go to the next step. The solution , still blue, tests very very strong. I have some scrap steel I will give that a try, and then I will go buy some ferous sulfate as you recomend.
Thanks to all of you in the forum, I am hopeful that we shall collectively get this riddle solved.
All The Best and I will keep you posted.
Thanks
Robert

Be advised that you should use one process or the other. If you use scrap steel, you will have no need for the ferrous sulfate (until the next precipitation). I'd suggest you try the ferrous sulfate before trying the scrap steel. You have nothing to lose, and it's a good experiment to familiarize yourself with its use. If that does not yield gold, then use the scrap steel.

If you choose to use steel, I highly recommend you do not do that operation in a glass vessel. It's too easy to break. I don't like the use of plastic, because it tends to trap some of the value, but if you use a thin plastic bucket, if all else fails, it can be incinerated to recover traces of values that may not release from the surface. That's how I cemented all of my silver, and recycled the container occasionally to recover the heavy coating that was created by multiple uses.

Remember to test regularly ---never assume your gold has done anything. When the solution tests barren, only then can you safely assume it is no longer in solution.

Harold

A big thank you to every one for great support and help to a novice. A big special thank you To Lazer Steve for the wonderfull work on his site and his dvds. I have had a 100% successful day where everything went right thanks to those dvds I got from the lazer. All the best and thanks again.
Robert

Hi, I have followed all of the steps above but I still have nothing at the bottom but Meda. There should be about 2oz of gold. The acids were very thick, I read in this book if this happens at 4 to 1 water. I did that, did the above and still nothing. Any tips or hints will save my head.

We need to know what you started with. How much you started with. What was added. How much was added. Give us a play by play breakdown.

Edumpaustralia said:
Hi, I have followed all of the steps above but I still have nothing at the bottom but Meda. There should be about 2oz of gold. The acids were very thick, I read in this book if this happens at 4 to 1 water. I did that, did the above and still nothing. Any tips or hints will save my head.
Meda? :?:

What does a test with stannous chloride indicate?

Harold

Back