Gold Nanoparticle

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eleniks

I'm new at this gold issues and my question is about the synthesis of gold nanoparticle with trisodium citrate. I have fine gold, I want to make it liquid and then I will synthesis the gold nanoparticle from this liquid.

Firstly, I melted one gram gold with AR soluiton (0,95ml HNO3 and 3,8ml HCl). But I don't know how I go on in order to synthesis nanoparitcle after that. After melting is there any procedure that I must do or can I get directly HAuCl4 liquid purely?

And is there anybody knows the procedure of the synthesis gold nanoparticle with trisodium citrate?

Thanks in advance!

Hmmm... gold nanoparticles with trisodium citrate. That's an interesting question. We just banned a member who was talking about such things because he was treating other members rudely. I hope you'll fit in better than he did.

I'm afraid I can't help with your question as my only interest is in recovering and refining precious metals, not creating nanoparticles. Perhaps someone else will have ideas.

Until then, you can read through the Tips for Navigating and Posting on the Forum thread to get you off to a good start here. Be sure to download Hoke's book from links in my signature line below. We've also collected and edited some of the forum's best threads in The Library. Best of luck!

Dave

No no, I do not want to be rude anyways. I hope someone have any idea about that.

But I want to ask about method which is in Hoke's book (for 1gr gold 3,8ml and 0,95ml AR); after adding this solution, all gold melted ok but what do we get exactly, just HAuCl4 right?

I asked because it's my project, I want to do just gold nanoparticles. And I have fine gold, I know how it is melting but after that is little complicated:/

Thanks guys!

Topher_osAUrus said:
AuCl3

HAuCl4 is achieved by evaporation to rid the solution of free acid

I believe.

I may be mistaken though
Think about that now. If you dissolved AuCl3 in HCl, you'd have...

You were on the right track, you just went the wrong direction.

Dave

Yep! Vice versa!

Itd been awhile since i read this one

http://goldrefiningforum.com/~goldrefi/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=19667

Thanks Dave.

Bet i wont forget that one again :mrgreen:

A tiny but important detail...

Melting is done with heat.
Dissolving is done by for example acids.

Göran

Can't help with the trisodium citrate route, although some time back I did stumble on a step-by-step guide (with pictures) for reliably creating gold nanoparticles using sodium borohydride. Google should find it.

There are several different ways to make colloidal gold, different size particles of reduced gold in solution can give different colors, you can find them with google search.
When we test for gold with stannous chloride we are actually making a colloidal gold solution, which makes a certain size gold particle which reflect light where we see the purple of Cassius color.

Attachments

• colloidal gold citric acid.pdf
    173.2 KB

Latest posts

Back