gold obtained with cianide(gold stripper)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

i obtained gold from cianide stripping----1gram(fine light brown gold powder)------could i just wash this powder with hot dilute nitric and then add nh4oh to eliminate any silver present? or must i dissolve this powder in hcl-cl ,ar or hcl-and then precipitate again with smb?
i am asking this because it is only 1gram and i am afraid to lose some miligrams with hcl- or ar re precipitation---this is from reels containing gold in its borders(over 3grams per kilo)---this reels looks like a film with holes in the middle(which i think ,simm cards are atatched in these holes)---this comes from industry who makes simm cards for cell phones and bank cards)-----

i will receive 1000kilos of this reels and 20% of the gold obtained will be my profit
thanks for replies
Arthur
sorry, but i cannot obtain fotos and this is the cause of my long description

Chris(GoldsilverPro) knows a lot more about cyanide leaching than I do,however,if you wash in nitric you won't need to eliminate the silver seperately.Then you can redissolve in AR and precipitate.Of course you may have other PM's or PGM's in your precipitant.

As I said,chris knows more about this than anyone I know.I am sure someone else will chime in with some more info.

arthur kierski said:
when i did the stripping i noticed no silver or other pms--
thanks mic----when there is other metals the powder does not drop as brown gold powder ,it drops as a grey powder

Hey, Arthur,

If you're using zinc to drop the Au, the gray color is probably due to excess undissolved zinc. To insure all the Au is dropped, I usually add a little excess zinc (doesn't take much extra) until I can see, when stirring, that the powder is gray, with no visible brown . After rinsing all the CN solution out of the powder, I use nitric under the hood. That leaches out most everything but Au. I then purify the mainly Au residue with AR.

Chris

Latest posts

Back