GoldSilverPro's new business

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dick b

GSP Chris:

I'd be interested in knowing where in MO your going to locate at. A mailing address would be nice, but I also understand your need to maintain security.

Thanks.

dickb

Great Chris!

A service such as you describe, is long overdue for many of the members of this forum.
Do you intend to purchase any pgm's?

I don't work with electronic scrap very much but, would love to hear your thoughts on obtaining homogenous samples of such material.

Maybe I can convert some of your ideas into my catalytic converter process. :lol:

Also, do you still intend to sell "gold testing kits" as you mentioned once before?

Good luck with your new venture!

Mark

Great idea, in addition to assaying.

We send you the refined lot, you assay and arrange the sale with one of your many contacts, deduct your fees then forward the balance to the owner/refiner.

Most of us with these cheap pocket scales are losing money when we sell our precious metals, the fact you have an analytical scale to weigh up the goods would pay off for us home refiners.

By holding our combined metals this would give you the cutting edge on bargaining the sale, large lots are easier to squeeze more money from the buyer.

Just a thought.

Regards
Gill

Sounds like that vacation gave you some time to think Chris.

I will wish you the best of luck, But I’m pretty sure you want need it.

A persons life work or profession is like an addiction if that person was one who took their performance or work seriously.
Having gone thru what i have in the last 2 years and not having worked i have to say i missed it.
I need my fix to keep my life interesting and my drive alive, not to mention my sanity. :p

Bonus fortuna :!:

May I supply the first batch of plated pins to be assayed? I have a tub here by my feet that has about 140 pounds of clean, totally plated pins. It's to the point that I can hardly lift this bin anymore, and I work on the railroad every day! :p :p :p :p

That is fantastic Chris!

Many have hoped you would come out of retirement. Do you have any ideas on time frame yet?

The services you are proposing will greatly enhance the abilities and profitability of the forum’s membership.

I think that the majority of members will benefit from a membrane cell for nitric production if you can pull it off at an effective price, as many struggle with the availability and cost of their nitric.

I myself will look forward to your short books the most as you tend to write in an easy to understand format for the non-chemist without sacrificing quality.

I will be cheering you on!

Way too go. So you found a source for the anodic membrane, that is something I could never do, searched for a while.

Jim

congratulations for your new business----i certainly will be one of your clients ---- i think that your new services is what most of forum members needs to pursue theyr hobbies or business------
Arthur Kierski

Hi Gsp!
I hope you have lots of success
You have helped us a lot maybe we can return the favor.
I don't exactly know how but maybe we can try to find work that you will be a part of.
As for advice I think maybe you can be a modern refiner.
When I say modern I mean to be at a businesses disposal wherever they maybe be.
With high tech stuff that should be easy
Take care

i only wish you would move to canada so i could use your services

good luck

let us know when u get a partner company in Canada

Shyknee, you've got no excuse - Arthur just said he's going utilize GSP's services and he's in South America LOL

goldsilverpro said:
To bring you up-to-date on the assaying business.

A couple of days ago, I finally got my shipment of most of the equipment and expendables that I need - furnace, tongs, molds, crucibles, cupels, fluxing chemicals, etc. On Tuesday, I will go to Kansas City and get nitric and glassware. I still need to find a couple of steel tables and other small items.

A flaw of mine is that I'm usually too optimistic about time frames. You would think that, after 40 years of doing this, I would realize that it always takes a lot longer than planned. Anyway, it won't be long now.

Thanks for your patience.
Chris

Do you consider Native Gold to be Bullion?

goldsilverpro said:
Do you consider Native Gold to be Bullion?

As far as assaying is concerned, yes. I would think the sample(s) should be all metal and free of minerals, however, since the mineral content would likely be inconsistent and wouldn't produce meaningful results, unless a large number of well taken samples were run.

That's a very good point. Some areas, especially with coarse material can produce a large variation in content from grain to grain, so I can see how this could cause problems.
Probably, the best thing to do is melt it all into a Dore bar and sample that.

The treasure from the wreck of the steamer Central America contained quite a number of Dore bars with the assayer's stamp, weight and Gold content.

That might be a good service to placer miners that don't have a furnace to do the job. Refineries can really screw you on placer Gold.

Back