Green Fibre CPUs, the easy way

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rex01

Hello fellow forum members

I need help regarding the easy way to take off gold pins from fibre CPUs. I understand using a torch is a cool way as prescribed in this forum.

However I have a large lot of fibre CPUs, about 20kg of fibre CPUs and I'm thinking the torch method is going take so much time in helping to separate the gold pins from the CPUs. I read in the forum as said by Sam that the torch method is preferable for small scale home refinning and not industrial.

Please this is were I need your help. What could be the easiest and fastest method to get the pins off this large lot of fibre CPUs.

Thanks

soak in a 5gal bucket with HCL
let it sit for a day or two

if you have a heating belt it goes way faster, duda diesel has some for sale, cheap & efficient

remove corpses
the ones that still have legs attached, dump them back in the bucket for a few more days
decant / filter solids (pins), you will see probably some tiny foil as well since HCL might attack a bit the pin substrate

if they have a copper heatsink I wouldn't do it, might create a mess if too much oxygen is in the solution, will dissolve too much base metals

don't forget to deal with chemical wastes properly

doesn't work on the black fiber cpus, only green and brown

I'd go with the heatgun.

Whilst Alexx is correct that his process does work, the heatgun doesn't involve and chemicals or waste. Just do it in a well ventilated area ok? Use a fan at the very least blowing away from you.

Latest posts

Back