Haqw to recover dust all over a Refinary plant

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi There.

Just joined the forum and hope that some one can help me.

I was granted a large contract to clean the inside of a gold refinary plant, inside the melter ens.

Now, last year my client recovered about R2.5 mil gold by collecting each and every peace of dust that is all over the interior plant.
This year the contract was given to me, but have no idea haw to go about the project, collecting the dust with clothes seams like the logical way, accessing the ereas with ladders and scaffolding.

But I was thiking of using small vacume cleaners.

Any advice, and before I forget, I have 2 months to do the job.

How did you get the contract with no idea of how to
handle the job?I guess you are a very trustworthy
soul for being trusted with a job like that.
Hopefully someone can give you some advise.

Jim

jimdoc said:
How did you get the contract with no idea of how to
handle the job?I guess you are a very trustworthy
sole for being trusted with a job like that.
Hopefully someone can give you some advise.

Jim

Well the cat is not yet in the bag, but I am doing renuvations for them allready, so they really whant to give this to me

You best bet is probably going to be a vacume system with HEPA filters before your vacume and HEPA filters after your vacume. You will want a large filter area for longer productivity time and less down time changing out filters.

Yes, I have done some research on vacuum cleaners, and found that there is big industrial cleaners that use compressed air for areas where fumes are located, and the filters are so good that it filters to 0.03 microns, I wil just extend the lenght of the pipes and fit it so extention poles together wit a brissle at the end of the pipe to loosen the dust, resulting to reach up to 10m, that way I dont have to use step ladders.
Just need to buy some vacuums, and bobs your uncle

If the plant has wooden floors you might want to consider removing the top layer physically, or using sanding equipment with a vacuum remove the top 1/16th inch, often wooden floors can hold lots of gold. I remember reading about someone who pulled up the floors under a closed Tiffany & Co, NY, NY workshop and burned the wood and recovered a LOT of gold. I would imagine you would want to burn it in a closed oven to reduce the carbon to ash and then work with the ash. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back