HCL - CL

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HCl peroxide, then HCl Bleach gets me to the values

May need fine grind and roast to break down the pyrite and sulfer.

1) Straight HCl and HCl with Peroxide. At this point I haven't hurt any of the values (much if any).

2) Move on to HCl bleach or turn into AR to get at values.

3) Allowing initial solutions if to evaporate almost till Cu drops out. All kinds of undesireables drop out. put solution into tank in corner and let plate away. Will plate, melt and replate in proper sulfate electrowinning bath for purification and to recover any values that made it this far. Like most things, sounds simpler than it is I am finding. May evaporate, remove rude contaminations. Evaporate to end, smelt, then plate one time, instead of trying to drop all values from copper contaminated solutions one at a time from, from plating sludge may be easier. Iron, copper and others will be gone after first firing of fluxed sludge.
Any suggustions for improvement, besides getting out while I can now!
Bruce

what kind of ore are you processing? if it is a sulfite, or sulfide I think that you can electrolyze it directly, at least I remember reading something like that on the internet. Is it a copper ore?

I belong to a gold claim club with over 200 claims in AZ most of the people pan, dry pan , metal detect for nuggets. I am setting up to process hard rock, dirt, and what ever. I Collect any type of ore I can find. I am going to powderize the stuff, and I am building equipment to separate by specific gravity. Most of the stuff here is high in copper. If I have to remove it, I dump it in a tank and plate it out over in the corner. A low labor device produces a little money with almost no effort. I need to fiind anodes that dont erode so fast. I am going to buy a used titanium anode basket and bag, Yes I think I can plact from some of this ore, actually looking for the left over's. A lot of the pyrites are High in Gold and silver. This will be powderized and roasted. The separator I am making will also leave behind the platinum elements that are not soluable in acids. They are the big money ones. I will collect any metalics not soluable and then figure out what to do with them. Magnification is finding metalics in the mudd that gets thrown out. The insoluable metals I read would be there.

i dont know if it has been talked about here or not. I used to be a plater. In the "METAL FINISHING GUIDE", the bible for platers and suppplies, they have created baths that a plater can save his ass with. When you have a defective plat on an expensive item you can get it off without harming the base metal. Useing a product like this many metals can be removed without disolving so much base metal. Some of you might like to look into it, like getting silver off of brass or base metal things. Without disolving the whole item.

Just to let you know blacktoadd, I used a titanium anode in a chloride cell and the titanium dissolved. I would have needed a MMO titanium anode for it to work properly. MMO = mixed metal oxide (ruthenium oxide, etc)

Just checking if you ever sourced one, are they a million dollars?

I am also checking to find out if there is a way to just get the copper chloride to drop out and get it into a state where I can smelt it. It is easy to get it into copper chloride crystols by evaporating it it drops out by the pound. It forms white crystols. I have some jars of it while I was looking for an anode that would hold up or a way to smelt.

the cloride with electrical potential is going to erode just about anything that you use for an anode, not saying everything but close.

converting to sulfate is your best bet.

If your going to smelt the cloride you will most likely have HCL going up the flew. Seems harder than mixing with sulfuric and distilling to get reusable HCL, cathode copper and sulfuric acid to start all over with.

jim

Latest posts

Back