Heatsinks with the gold plating on the inside

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is he is talking about the gold plating on the copper heat sink from fiber CPU's. Sometime you can pop that sink off and there will be flash plating on the bottom.

That was my thought too. If that is the case then cell might be preferred choice than trying to dissolve big chunk of copper.
But due to minuscule amount of gold involved I would think of using them as feed stock in stock pot. Unless he has couple of hundreds of them.

patnor1011, That is exactly what I use them for. It is gold "plate/flash" on some of them. Or so it looks and acts so far in my process (foil like). Some do not have the visible gold plate. I have loads of both types.
I use them to "copper up" my waste solutions (saving the sediment of course. Before adding nails. Then lime the iron solution till a ph of 8 to neutralize.) There are always a bunch of foils floating around in there and I have to watch (sometimes filter) for when decanting copper chloride to neutralize as above.
All in all, I don't count it as much gold. Maybe one day when I have enough in the bottom of my crock.

Latest posts

Back