Help,Evaporation of excess nitric issues

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are worried about the safety of our members and the ones around.
You are generating some significant amount of waste don't you?
How are you treating it?
I agree that safety in this area of expertise and your addressing of these issues is (on a message board none the less) exceptional. I have heeded these concerns and personally follow them and am always looking for advice. I consider you the authority on this subject and like I said, if I am already figuring these things are of interest either way I’m following the recommendations learned. Do not take this as an insult on your methods but an affirmation on the integrity and importance of the relationship you are carrying out on this forum with its members. I am trying to validate your support and show I am aware to these things and showing you in turn that because of everyone’s diligence perhaps an assay in some cases isn’t always necessary when proper precautions are taken but as a tool in the belt for new and upcoming students.

I have been working in a fume hood and I have around 5-7 gallons stored in drums with lids that from what I’ve read can be addressed after I understood the process. do not take this as insult but perhaps further verification you are taking the right steps

Last edited:
You may think our concerns about safety are a big joke, but we don't. Everything we do is dangerous. We have lost members who didn't take the risks seriously. Perhaps you should read through Why Can't I Ask a Simple Question and get a Simple Answer?

Dave
I do not think it’s a joke, and this is only furthering my interest in this field. Thank you dave

If you haven’t already noticed an influx in new members or interest in these topics you’re in for a massive surprise on the brink of frenzy in the coming months and years.

After another several hours (I think around 8) I can see considerable dropping of these salts. I’m going to go out on a limb and say that this gap in knowledge may be from hokes investment in a large casserole to help evaporation without perhaps considering the possibility with cautious students evaporating will be cut short. My assumption is that this is related to volume and concentration of base and noble metals. I’m furthering the evaporation today and will report back, but am pleased to say progress has been achieved on all fronts. cheers. the discoloration is from gently touching the beaker by the way. It kicked up some of these sinking particulates

With a larger open mouthed vessel for evaporating it appears as though the solution is going “dry” when indeed it’s similar to crystallization of drugs then precipitation of metal. An intriguing thought nonetheless. I would say, pun intended, worth its weight in gold not to disturb or agitate these pregnant solutions from high grade ore or concentrates

I reiterate, if you in are having trouble with this problem it helps putting the AR in a taller scientific beaker than using non scientific vessels, to avoid the solids from hindering full evaporation. While in turn as the liquid is evaporating moving it into a small beaker to help keep the evaporation continuing

Attachments

• 7AF99F01-4A7B-4972-BC70-868D60F5F58D.jpeg
    7AF99F01-4A7B-4972-BC70-868D60F5F58D.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I do not think it’s a joke, and this is only furthering my interest in this field. Thank you dave
Then don't treat it like a joke with comments about mixing your solution in your morning coffee for taste testing. Your posts last forever here. Someone in the future may read your posts and think it's just a laughing matter. Even in Hoke's book, she mentioned tasting solutions to see if they were acidic. She can be somewhat forgiven since her book was written over 70 years ago, but we know better now.

If you haven’t already noticed an influx in new members or interest in these topics you’re in for a massive surprise on the brink of frenzy in the coming months and years.
I've been here for twelve years. We always see a surge in new members when the price of gold goes up. Gold fever is very real.

Dave

Latest posts

Back