Help needed with silver extracting technique

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
solar_plasma said:
tihi said:
In Bulgaria, many people work for 7 euros a day.In Germany most people getting so per hour. Both countries are members of the EU.You claim that you are ten times smarter than us, or work ten times more than we?!For our children you do not care. :p

I demand an apology.
You offer me to give photo paper, which is coated with poison , to the children !? I apologize for my reaction.

Coated with poison? Where? Proofs! Always open to learn something new.

Both countries are members of the EU.You claim that you are ten times smarter than us, or work ten times more than we?!

I didn't invite you to the EU. I didn't even invite myself to this undemocratic bureaucracy monster. With the Euro our money is not worth even half of what it has been the 30 years before, called D-Mark. 7 Million people her are in fact working for 1€/hour, the "unemployed" - better to say kind of forced workers. Where did the money go? Well, you didn't get it. I didn't get it for sure. Follow the money...

But you are right, Bulgaria is very poor, especially most of the Roma, do I need to say more? Is the majority of Bulgarians better than their Romas? Don't throw stones while living in a glass house. This world is not fair. Though Bulgaria might be rich compared to some African countries.

I remember a debate in a facebook group, some stupid people talking about Bulgarians going from village to village for burglary, robbery, from hour to our it got worse, at last they claimed rape and stealing of children. I tried to calm them down, but against stupidity there is nothing to win. I have never had anything against your fellow countrymen, coming here to find work, to find there piece of luck. I never shut up, never retreat, when I can strike a blow for you or any other poor countries and immigrants from there coming here. Germany has a 1500 year old history of immigration.

Now, you claim that I think I am smarter than you guys?? As long as you refuse any apology, I have only two words for you in my mind, that I will not post here.

I apologize for my reaction.

Well, now I have to apologize my last reaction! I saw this first, when I had sent my last message. Sorry, this topic got me getting a tunnel view.

So, everything's good from my side.

Okay!Peace.
Today it is raining.All set.At the first opportunity I will do sample.Thank you all for the advice.

Hello All,

I am in need of silver extraction, which is dissolved in nitric acid & water.

1kg Gold jewellery Purifying process which I follow:-
1. Add 1kg gold with 2kg Silver and melt it, then sprinkle in water to create corn flakes.
2. Add nitric acid to the corn flakes (silver&gold) which dissolve it and turn the liquid into blue color.
3. Then Gold turns into brown mud form and silver remains in blue liquid.

So, here i want to extract this 2kg silver in quicker and cheaper way ? how do it do that in simpler way.
Right now I am using copper rods which is time consuming process.

santya said:
Hello All,

I am in need of silver extraction, which is dissolved in nitric acid & water.

1kg Gold jewellery Purifying process which I follow:-
1. Add 1kg gold with 2kg Silver and melt it, then sprinkle in water to create corn flakes.
2. Add nitric acid to the corn flakes (silver&gold) which dissolve it and turn the liquid into blue color.
3. Then Gold turns into brown mud form and silver remains in blue liquid.

So, here i want to extract this 2kg silver in quicker and cheaper way ? how do it do that in simpler way.
Right now I am using copper rods which is time consuming process.
Cementing on copper, as you are doing, is a standard method. Adding agitation to the solution, in the form of stirring, or an aquarium air bubbler will help the process along.

An alternative is to add a source of chloride ions, such as HCl or NaCl, to precipitate the dissolved silver as silver chloride (AgCl),but then you have to convert the AgCl into metallic silver through one of several methods described here on the forum.

Dave

The more copper surface area, the faster the cementation. In about 4 gallons of silver nitrate solution in a 5 gallon bucket. I used 6 ea., approximately 15" lengths of 2" wide buss bar evenly placed around the bucket. I usually started it in the afternoon and it was usually finished when I arrived the next morning, unless it was a very cold night.

To test it, I stirred it with one of the bars, let it settle a bit until the top was fairly clear, and then gently added a drop of dilute HCl or salt water with an eyedropper held close to the top of the solution. With any evidence of a formation of a white cloud, I let the reaction continue for a couple of hours and re-tested.

If yours isn't going that fast, it could be that you're using too much nitric acid. Any excess nitric will react with the copper before the silver cements. In my experience, a liter of 67% nitric, diluted with an equal volume of distilled water, will dissolve about 820 grams of silver in an open container with no lid. If covered, like as a watch glass on top of a beaker, it will probably take less nitric.

Latest posts

Back