Help required to refine plated scrap in West Yorkshire willing to split

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for someone in West Yorkshire who is able to recover the gold from this box of scrap material, happy to split the recovered gold.

Attachments

• 7A131A6D-7297-43C0-8C64-08BD9AB90F13.jpeg
    7A131A6D-7297-43C0-8C64-08BD9AB90F13.jpeg
    2.2 MB
Hi, apologies for late reply I’ve been away for a week. Yes I could send it to you, what sort of split are we looking at ? Thanks

Hi. I'm a refiner based in Birmingham.

I'm afraid theres no where near enough plated meterial there to make processing it economical. It would cost more in labour than you would ever get back in gold by quite a margin.

The CPUs and ram have a value tho. I would be willing to offer you a price to buy the contents of the box so give me a shout if youre interested.

Well £20 per kg for the ram sticks, £3 per kg for the non magnetic plated stuff and if you send me a photo of the ceramic cpus so I can see what they are I can give you a price for those too.

I'm in Leeds. Is there any reason you're not wanting to try doing this yourself (lack of knowledge\equipment etc)? or is it simply a case of getting shut of the clutter?

I'm just starting out on my journey and am reading up on the various processes, and collecting items to refine, from HDD items, phone boards etc.

Happy to get together some time and discuss a plan to work together if that would help, as sometimes its reassurance that is needed, especially when dealing with harsh chemicals (which would be needed).

Yes 25% is fair, I can get access to literally tons of the stuff this is just a box I had knocking about from when I was buying jewelry a while back

I do 10% toll on recoveries as standard.
And use a cyanide recovery on gold plate instead of the normal base metal leaching, which is much more effective.

Latest posts

Back