HHO Discussion

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
="Harold_V] A given volume of any fuel is known to contain a given amount of energy--the only thing you can do to get better performance from that fuel is to make the device that converts the energy from one form to the other more efficient, which is the concept to which you're alluding. I agree------it can be done----but it is likely beyond the ability of the common man at this point. I hope I'm wrong.

...... I heat with oil, and have no other options. ..
I've installed more electric baseboard heaters this last year than I have in the last ten combined (electrician)
... It is now cheaper to heat by resistive electric heat than to run our boiler. Far more energy is lost with resistive heat because of the heat losses at the power plant, plus the heat losses in transmission and transforming----but I pay less for that power, including losses, than I pay for oil.
making some technologies, such as photovoltaic, much more reasonable.
These are all economic issues, and have nothing to do with the problem we're discussing, the one where we are trying to lower the cost, in the way of fuel consumption, of driving a vehicle. That will be accomplished only through greater efficiency, or the lowering of the overall weight of the vehicle. I think we're on the same page----the main difference being I have a hunch of the difficulty involved, while you may see it as a small hurdle to overcome.
certainly not a small hurdle but IMHO I think it can will and must be overcome and its likely that it will not be with any single peice of technolgy but an arrangement of multiple technologies that work together......
It isn't a small hurdle--it's vastly complex and will not yield its secrets easily. Those damned (observed) laws of physics keep getting in the way.

Harold

well said, what started this thread anyway? this has been the weirdest since I've been here.

edit: typo

Yes, that is the guy who teamed up with Santilli. Santilli is wery clear about tha fact that the inventor approached him for an analysis (of an apparatus that worked nicely).
Then Santilli "discovered the fantastic and revolutionary HHO-molecule"

(Santilli did not know the basics of spectroscopy, and invented a brand new theory of chemical bonding to explain it, rather than learn the basics)

Nothing wrong in electrolysis!

(and working with such a flame will produce ultra violet, it is not an alternative to fossil fuels in an environmental perspective unless the electricity is made with wind-, hydroelectric or nuclear means, only in a technical sense where hydrogen substitutes a hydrocarbon fuel)

... and scientists still don't believe in HHO, because only Santilly has seen it.

Santillis paper:
http://www.i-b-r.org/docs/magneh.pdf
(Who can spot the fatal error he made?)

(Santilli is member of the circle of people who do not believe in the Theory of Relativity either)

Please tell us the fatal error? I don't have time to wade through 36 pages of pseudo science. What little I read reminds me of the Laskey articles in the old California Mining Journal.

goldsilverpro said:
Please tell us the fatal error? I don't have time to wade through 36 pages of pseudo science. What little I read reminds me of the Laskey articles in the old California Mining Journal.

Spoilsport!

OK, then.

He analyses a sample of the gas with mass spectroscopy, finding H2 (m=2), O2 (m=32) and a species with m=18 (Yes, water vapour)

Then he tries infra-red, but sees no characteristic broad peak et 3360 cm^-1 expected from a wet compound.

Conclusion; it can not be water!
And then he invents a whole new chemistry to explain it
:shock:

He did not do it himself, and the data are poor. But before concluding something that remarkable, he should have done a little reading.

Gaseous water do not give the "expected broad peak at 3360"

http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/water/vibrat.html
Shows the pattern from H20 as gas, liquid and solid.

But people want to believe, so who cares about facts?

Yes, it is a showcase of pseudo-science (or pathological science)

Froggy, they want money on that link
you can get the same or better info for free herehttp://www.theorionproject.org/en/research.html

Peter, who is this Santilli supposed to be teamed up with?(as that seems to be the only relevance of his mention) And whatever his theories may be, it doesn't change the fact that these cutting rigs have been sold on the open market for years. This thread is about making these devises our selves
If you are not a part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate

"Founder and Chairman Emeritus, Dennis Klein" of Hydrogen Technology Applications, Inc. ( http://www.hytechapps.com/company ) asked Ruggero Santilli to analyse the gas from the electrolysers he was making and selling, and Santilli made some rather "interesting" conclusions as described above. (Wiki on Santilli: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruggero_Santilli)

Santilli claims to have invented this special sort of electrolysis (and critics say he has invented nothing but another jolly branch of pseudo-science)

Yes, we want to build good electrolysers, but we need to grasp the theory and avoid the pitfalls to do that, or we'll really end up in the precipitate (in this case: sludge), believing in fairies and perpetual motion devices.

By the way:
... I'm playing with a rewound microwave oven transformer. I just need to find a good (and cheap) diode bridge capable of handling high current at low voltage (not an easy thing to do).

100 A AC is quite impressive as it is!

You can biuld one, I get diodes/rectifiers for microwave for about 5 buck each. I think they are 2300 v 20 amp but would work in parallel.

I bought this the other day, used and cheap,Im now getting 80mpg :D,, would love to modify it for more...

:shock: OMG :shock:

A frog on a moped going 60 mph. With 10 Cats strapped to the back.

ROFL

They say everybody has an opposite twin somewhere in the world.
Just think right now somewhere in the Ming sue delta their is a china man running around with a rickshaw full old CRT monitors and computer boards being pulled by oxen just wishing he had that moped.

Froggy, you need a side car.

Hey its a Honda 250 reflex, very chic' ,, now i just need a fat chick.. I moved away from my friends so I dont mind being seen riding either! 8) Hmm, I'll have to check for the cat, foreign mini? I use to have a big ol' honkin honda vtx1800,, I love riding this thing around, its (for the lack of a better word) zippy.... Wonder how it would do with an hho system... 120-190mpg?

I disagree,
It looks like it could haul at least 25 cats at a time, ( without the fat chick) with a little modification. Yea, now you've made me want my bike back.

Mark

Back in Indonesia, it would haul 300 chickens in bamboo cages,, when the wind blew they were all over the road, amazing what one could haul on these things, Hey,we even impressed the locals by 6 :shock: of us riding on one, make sure you have good tires and alot of pressure.

Peter1: I know that this is rather dated, but have you ever seen the link WWW.ALLABOUTCIRCUITS.COM ? lOT OF GENIUS AND INFO ON THAT ONE. Phill

EVO-AU said:
Peter1: I know that this is rather dated, but have you ever seen the link WWW.ALLABOUTCIRCUITS.COM ? lOT OF GENIUS AND INFO ON THAT ONE. Phill

Well, I see the link, but I'm unable to open it. Seems the server is down.

That page is huge, are you thinking of anything in particular?
(I'm a chemist after all, dealing only with electronics when I have to)

But even when a server is down, "The wayback machine" (internet archive) will give an answer.
http://web.archive.org/web/20080213035646/http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/

EVO-AU said:
Try typing in only.........allaboutcircuits.........That is how I first found it.!

It's working now, it didn't when I tried this afternoon.
The people there seem quite competent (and I saw only very weak attempts at crack-pottery and pseudo-science, that had all been rapidly "put to sleep")

I wish I had the time to learn more about electronics!

Back