Hokes book

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncantj

If someone has a link for the download of hokes book could you please post it for me I got it off here once before and had to get a new phone and lost it and I love chemistry and gold and have basic knowledge of different acids and have recovered gold from e scrap using vinegar/salt/peroxide and also using a/p solution but really want to learn other processes even if I only use it one or two times and never again it will be worth the time just having the knowledge of knowing how and I also have 1 other question because I was self taught with the help of sreetips on youtube using the peracetic acid solution and a/p solution but in the peracetic solution what would the white precipitate be in it would it be copper or possibly silver I saved all the solution incase it was a value but never made it that far in hokes any and all feedback and or advice is very much appreciated and thank you in advance

Hi Duncantj, welcome to the forum! To answer your second question: The white precipitate is probably copper 1 chloride. Add some HCL to a small bit of it and see if it dissolves, If it does, its probably insoluble (in water)copper1chloride. I dont think silver salts can be expected in AP. But not sure.
If you have the option to go for clean HCL in stead of vinegar/salt for the AP process, please do so.
Don't over complicate things.
Study dealing with waste and the Cu2Cl leach or also called AP process.

The peroxide is only to start the reaction, no more is needed, ever.

A really good thread about AP:
Acid Peroxide Process Information Thread Q & A's

The Cupric Chloride Etch chemistry explained:
https://sparks.gogo.co.nz/seychell.pdf
Dealing with waste:
Dealing with Waste

Guided tour to the forum:
Welcome to all Newbies

Have fun! Be safe.
Martijn.
[edited for correct spelling]

Latest posts