how i can extract a gold metal from ore ?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cnbarr said:
No ore is, that's why there's leagues of books and papers written on sampling and splitting.

Once you know your ore has a consistent value then its of value to know what other elements are in and how they occur. It's how one designs and optimizes thier recovery circuit.

I assay for living, its the only right way to start.
that`s right ,,,,but the ores i have a good value cause have a gold in it :mrgreen:

gold24 said:
cnbarr said:
No ore is, that's why there's leagues of books and papers written on sampling and splitting.

Once you know your ore has a consistent value then its of value to know what other elements are in and how they occur. It's how one designs and optimizes thier recovery circuit.

that`s right ,,,,but the ores i have a good value cause have a gold in it :mrgreen:

Perhaps you are losing the thread of what people are trying to tell you, you have gold but don't know how much so you can't tell how good a recovery you are achieving and or what other values may be there,are you leaving more behind than you recover!
By also knowing what else is in your untreated ore you can also formulate a plan for the best recovery of the values.

nickvc said:
gold24 said:
cnbarr said:

Perhaps you are losing the thread of what people are trying to tell you, you have gold but don't know how much so you can't tell how good a recovery you are achieving and or what other values may be there,are you leaving more behind than you recover!
By also knowing what else is in your untreated ore you can also formulate a plan for the best recovery of the values.
Nickvc is telling EXACTLY the truth, because I'm dealing with some ore myself now that showed positive for gold, but never been assayed, and I have other metals in there and I'm trying to learn what I actually have.

Just because you recovered some gold from your ore doesn't mean your ore is chock-full of gold. You may have very well extracted ALL the gold in that ore and the rest may be something different, even if the solution is "golden" like mine.

Ore, from what I have learned from this forum is the most "contaminated" piece of refining piece you will ever want to deal with.... even with an assay. Ore is just that dirty and much more work to recover what it holds.. and I mean ALL of it. If an ore isn't mostly gold, silver, platinum and (or) palladium, I, personally don't want to refine it because there are too many chemical processes you must take to separate the metals inside just to get to each one of them.

I did learn one good lesson from this which is not a loss, and that is to have a piece of ore sample assayed. That is the key to recovering ALL that is in an ore.

Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back