How much for 11.5 kg of Ram

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$10000​
1000 kg​
$1000​
100 kg​
$100​
10 kg​
$10​
1 kg​

So dear sir, you're saying that this might be the case?? This might be the possible yields??
At $10 per Kg they are paying you on the copper content too. You won't recover that so my advice would be to sell them whole.
That's what I get for them in the UK - so please bear in mind regional differences in markets.

At $10 per Kg they are paying you on the copper content too. You won't recover that so my advice would be to sell them whole.
That's what I get for them in the UK - so please bear in mind regional differences in markets.

Per the bold print - & don't forget the silver (& depending on type &/or age of the boards the palladium)
Okay, Maybe I'll find out. It's cheap to buy this scrap but it only contains 1 or 2 IC chips. I'll try this experiment and find what value and yields I'll get.

Circuit boards (speaking in general) are bought & sold based on the recovery of the copper - gold - silver & palladium

In other words - if you buy boards & process them for the gold ONLY you are NOT recovering the full value of the boards

Meaning - that if you go for the gold only - you may or NOT even recover the "fair market" value of the boards - sold as board - because you are only going after one of the four metals that boards are bought & sold on

In other words - (using hypothetical numbers) say a board buyer is paying $10 (per pound/kilo) it is because when they send them off to the smelter - the smelter is going to send the buyer a payment of $15 (per pound/kilo) because the smelter is paying the buyer on the recovery of all 4 of those metals

on the other hand - if you buy those same boards for $10 (per pound/kilo) & you go for ONLY the gold you may only recover $8 - $10 - or if you are REALLY lucky $12 worth of gold - so even if you are lucky & recover $12 worth of gold (only) by the time you figure in the cost of chemicals & the time to recover that gold you will be LUCKY to break even on the $10 you paid for the boards --- because you are recovering only 1 of the 4 metals that boards are valued at

Bottom line - if you buy boards "at fair market" value - & you go for ONLY the gold you are more then likely going to lose money because you are only recovering one of the 4 metals that boards are valued at

Kurt

Latest posts

Back