How much for 11.5 kg of Ram

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$10000​
1000 kg​
$1000​
100 kg​
$100​
10 kg​
$10​
1 kg​

So dear sir, you're saying that this might be the case?? This might be the possible yields??
At $10 per Kg they are paying you on the copper content too. You won't recover that so my advice would be to sell them whole.
That's what I get for them in the UK - so please bear in mind regional differences in markets.

At $10 per Kg they are paying you on the copper content too. You won't recover that so my advice would be to sell them whole.
That's what I get for them in the UK - so please bear in mind regional differences in markets.

Per the bold print - & don't forget the silver (& depending on type &/or age of the boards the palladium)
Okay, Maybe I'll find out. It's cheap to buy this scrap but it only contains 1 or 2 IC chips. I'll try this experiment and find what value and yields I'll get.

Circuit boards (speaking in general) are bought & sold based on the recovery of the copper - gold - silver & palladium

In other words - if you buy boards & process them for the gold ONLY you are NOT recovering the full value of the boards

Meaning - that if you go for the gold only - you may or NOT even recover the "fair market" value of the boards - sold as board - because you are only going after one of the four metals that boards are bought & sold on

In other words - (using hypothetical numbers) say a board buyer is paying $10 (per pound/kilo) it is because when they send them off to the smelter - the smelter is going to send the buyer a payment of $15 (per pound/kilo) because the smelter is paying the buyer on the recovery of all 4 of those metals

on the other hand - if you buy those same boards for $10 (per pound/kilo) & you go for ONLY the gold you may only recover $8 - $10 - or if you are REALLY lucky $12 worth of gold - so even if you are lucky & recover $12 worth of gold (only) by the time you figure in the cost of chemicals & the time to recover that gold you will be LUCKY to break even on the $10 you paid for the boards --- because you are recovering only 1 of the 4 metals that boards are valued at

Bottom line - if you buy boards "at fair market" value - & you go for ONLY the gold you are more then likely going to lose money because you are only recovering one of the 4 metals that boards are valued at

Kurt

Heey guys instead of RAM fingers how about TV/Monitors boards. How much would a kilo of this yield?? Just the gold fingers, excluding the IC's? I would be blessed with your data and knowledge. Thank you have a Good day.

View attachment 65338View attachment 65337
I have put them in with ram card gold fingers. I assume they have gold on them..never processed just that type of board

That's what I get for them in the UK - so please bear in mind regional differences in
Heey guys instead of RAM fingers how about TV/Monitors boards. How much would a kilo of this yield?? Just the gold fingers, excluding the IC's? I would be blessed with your data and knowledge. Thank you have a Good day.

View attachment 65338View attachment 65337
I just put them in with ram card gold fingers. Big difference in gold content. I believe it's obvious which ram card and TV monitor

Attachments

• 17294395082381812568494501103430.jpg
    17294395082381812568494501103430.jpg
    1.2 MB
Try Boardsort.com for US prices. RAM sticks prices roughly track gold (Boardsort offers have gone from 23$ to 26, now 27 $/lb over past 6 months. Sales on Ebay become active when Boardsort offer lags. This is much higher than the $10/kg you mentioned - more in line with PCB boards....

I've done some small-scale testing and found that acetone and rubbing alcohol do not remove this glue. I tried a bit in CuCl leach, and the glue prevented the release of the gold particles. But, the glue is only on the fingers. In other places with no glue, the gold came off in foils so fragile I would hesitate to call them foils; liquid agitation was enough to break up the foils into small pieces.

Will enig ever result in bits that look foil-ish? I've seen videos of how enig plating appears when using nitric to test, but I only have CuCl/HCL.

I've done some small-scale testing and found that acetone and rubbing alcohol do not remove this glue. I tried a bit in CuCl leach, and the glue prevented the release of the gold particles. But, the glue is only on the fingers. In other places with no glue, the gold came off in foils so fragile I would hesitate to call them foils; liquid agitation was enough to break up the foils into small pieces.

Will enig ever result in bits that look foil-ish? I've seen videos of how enig plating appears when using nitric to test, but I only have CuCl/HCL.
Enig comes off like a mix of powder and very thin foil pieces.
Depending on the actual thickness and amount of disturbance through the process.

Latest posts

Back