How to process intergated chips & a kind of transistors ?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razvanflorin

Hello everybody ! can anyone give me a full process specification on how to process integrated chips & a kind of transistors or an very detailed video ?
I have attached a photo with the specified transistor in attachement

I apologize if my questions bother someone. i'm a kind of begginer.. i have worked a lot with silver processing but not with gold, pd, etc...

thank you in advance.

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    10.3 KB
Hi sorry for my english...

Im beginner to and i think you should start reading hoke's book if you did you will not ask this question (i dident finish read it yet) but you will find a lot of your answere in this book... More than here...

Thank you. i have already read some pages.. i will try to read it all these days.. :) but i'm waiting for more answers & recomandations :)

So i dont want disturb you but i dont think you will have answere about it because there is no you need knowledge( so i making fun write this because its the answere) if i understood well you shoul start by braking all your rf chip that they selled 30$ each on ebay and put HCL to disolve tin... At least and maybe some other metal i dont remember there is a lot its wrote in hoke bible and after lot of wash put nitric? Maybe and whaiting a lot then a lot of wash after AR and some other things like that.... So i readed about 100 hours about acids, metal reactivity table, hokes book, this forum and wikihow and there is a lot of things i dont understand but sometings i understood is that forum is the best for knowledge but its almost hobbyist forum from persone like it do it whit sometime to much thinking they are the best that they dont want answere because they studied a lot but they should give some clue sometime as my teacher was saying is better ask to understand and look like stupid than ask nothing and know nothing its not every one are self-educating ;)

razvanflorin said:
Thank you. i have already read some pages.. i will try to read it all these days.. :) but i'm waiting for more answers & recomandations :)
Our general advice here for beginners* is to read Hoke, do her acquaintance experiments, and read some of the threads here before asking questions. Your questions will be much more focused and easier to answer if you do!

*and I know because I'm one of those beginners, and they're absolutely right!

--Eric

rioux said:
So i dont want disturb you but i dont think you will have answere about it because there is no you need knowledge( so i making fun write this because its the answere) if i understood well you shoul start by braking all your rf chip that they selled 30$ each on ebay and put HCL to disolve tin... At least and maybe some other metal i dont remember there is a lot its wrote in hoke bible and after lot of wash put nitric? Maybe and whaiting a lot then a lot of wash after AR and some other things like that.... So i readed about 100 hours about acids, metal reactivity table, hokes book, this forum and wikihow and there is a lot of things i dont understand but sometings i understood is that forum is the best for knowledge but its almost hobbyist forum from persone like it do it whit sometime to much thinking they are the best that they dont want answere because they studied a lot but they should give some clue sometime as my teacher was saying is better ask to understand and look like stupid than ask nothing and know nothing its not every one are self-educating ;)

30$ each ? if you're interested i can give you 1000-1500 pieces monthly for 10 $ / piece :))

Is it your better advice? Really? Did you chek on ebay? So you know nothing about electronics. What do you want i do whit mofset at my home? I want say ill get the 1000-1500 part if you can answere me its the kind of stupid on that forum do you think because you refining gold you know everyting when someone ask me a question about electronic i just answere not saying stupid things right know i start thinking witout the hoke book its the must stupid dont want help nobodyforum i never seen and these mofset keep your electrical and your internet and big part like that are valuable for a while because its high tech switching device for big place or factory that feeding electricity that i freaking dont care butu posted stupid comment i i will be able to do a good job whit hoke mr bullion...

Ok sorry about that but taking 2 years to sell iton ebay is long? 1000x 15 at the wort case = 15000$ i think its a free good 2 years investement than the 200$ and for new like me will give you (yes a lots of knowledge this is proceless but for money if your units work)...

I didn't sayd any stupid things, i have tought that you are interested to buy it for re-selling on ebay. you said that they are sold with 30$, i sayd you that i give it to you with 10$ .
I Really apologize if I offended you.

razvanflorin said:
Hello everybody ! can anyone give me a full process specification on how to process integrated chips & a kind of transistors or an very detailed video ?
I have attached a photo with the specified transistor in attachement.
About handling those transistors. Power-transistor packaging contains insulating materials such as ceramics, including BeO. You need to know the real concern for the potential health effects of BeO. That fine BeO particulates can cause serious health effects in a small percentage (dust or fumes), this risk exists primarily if the BeO is handled in powder form (Beryllium poisoning). It can be difficult to control exposures to beryllium, so it is advisable to use any methods possible to reduce airborne and surface contamination by beryllium, to minimize the use of beryllium and beryllium-containing alloys whenever possible.

Beside the severe beryllium concerns, which in my honest opinion disqualify them to be processed outside professional environment, they seem to be quite low-grade compared to for example gold ring/gold legs transistors (TO-5+) when you try to look them up in that russian yield list you can find somewhere on the forum.

Honestly, I dislike the rude and sarkastic tone in some postings. Always keep in mind how easily we might misunderstand each other in a text based platform with people from all over the world.

I have started processing them with nitric acid. some of the metal have dissolved and the gold remained.. but some of the transistors didn't disolved.. they look like is another metal.. i have searched on the internet and i have found they are gallium based. .. does any one know any better method ?

solar_plasma said:
Could you post a picture of what is remaining?
Sure.
Some of them have dissolved and remained perfectly like in the second picture and some others didn't dissolved and changed his color from red to black...

Attachments

• IMG_20160328_145943.jpg
    IMG_20160328_145943.jpg
    1.5 MB
  • IMG_20160328_150044.jpg
    IMG_20160328_150044.jpg
    1.7 MB
Is that back one made of ceramics?

Hard to tell. If I hadn't my concerns about beryllium, I would try AR on one piece now. You should use your gloves. You almost never know for sure what you are taking in your hands.

solar_plasma said:
Is that back one made of ceramics?

Hard to tell. If I hadn't my concerns about beryllium, I would try AR on one piece now. You should use your gloves. You almost never know for sure what you are taking in your hands.
i don't think that's ceramic.. before putting it in nitric they are like copper inside... and i have used gloves .. i have washed them first :D

One more question.. if i supouse that they are made from a copper alloy.. and i will use AR, the copper alloy will be dissolved too so.. when i will percipitate the AR solution with MBS, it will percipitate just gold ?

No this will be a dirty precipitation. But sometimes when you have hardly dissolving metals like kovar, it is the easiest way. In this case you must only be sure you have dissolved all base metals. If not, there might be some gold that is cementing back. Some guys are obviously stopping such a process while the AR is still in excess and the gold is not started to cement back, but those are quite experienced.

Better trying to dissolve all base metal that can be dissolved. Then AR until nothing dissolves anymore even if this AR will be somewhat dirty. Gold from electronics has to be rerefined anyway, in most cases and if you want some good purity.

solar_plasma said:
No this will be a dirty precipitation. But sometimes when you have hardly dissolving metals like kovar, it is the easiest way. In this case you must only be sure you have dissolved all base metals. If not, there might be some gold that is cementing back. Some guys are obviously stopping such a process while the AR is still in excess and the gold is not started to cement back, but those are quite experienced.

Better trying to dissolve all base metal that can be dissolved. Then AR until nothing dissolves anymore even if this AR will be somewhat dirty. Gold from electronics has to be rerefined anyway, in most cases and if you want some good purity.

thanks you very much :) i will try and i will post the result :)

solar_plasma said:

Hey.. i have found that the ones that succeed to dissolve in nitric (copper part) it's cu based, and the one that not is CuW . how can i dissolve Wolfram, or.. does the wolfram dissolve in aqua regia ?

Figure_03.gif

solar_plasma said:
Beside the severe beryllium concerns, which in my honest opinion disqualify them to be processed outside professional environment, they seem to be quite low-grade compared to for example gold ring/gold legs transistors (TO-5+) when you try to look them up in that russian yield list you can find somewhere on the forum.

Honestly, I dislike the rude and sarkastic tone in some postings. Always keep in mind how easily we might misunderstand each other in a text based platform with people from all over the world.

Bjorn. The yield is actually quite good. 8) 8)

Jon

Latest posts

Back