how to refine silver chloride out aqua regia

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4metals said:
Lou,

Picture this; you are at a client (a refiner) speaking to the owner and he tells you his guy in the back is having trouble with a lot he is processing. So he asks you to go back and talk to the guy, help him get the gold out. You walk in and there's the head refiner, purple fingers, knuckles, and even the back of his hands are purple. He's wearing his standard work clothes, a stained white tee shirt with the arc shape from the top of his large belly stained to match his hands, and his jeans have small holes from melt splatter from mid thigh down to his shoes. He sees you coming and slips in a huge chunk of dip before you get to him. When you get to him he gives you a tight lipped grin and turns his head and does a dip spit into a pail.

Oh, and you're wearing a suit!

You going to tell him about activity coefficients?

Knowing Lou - he's probably going to give it a good go 8) 8)

4metals said:
Lou,

Picture this; you are at a client (a refiner) speaking to the owner and he tells you his guy in the back is having trouble with a lot he is processing. So he asks you to go back and talk to the guy, help him get the gold out. You walk in and there's the head refiner, purple fingers, knuckles, and even the back of his hands are purple. He's wearing his standard work clothes, a stained white tee shirt with the arc shape from the top of his large belly stained to match his hands, and his jeans have small holes from melt splatter from mid thigh down to his shoes. He sees you coming and slips in a huge chunk of dip before you get to him. When you get to him he gives you a tight lipped grin and turns his head and does a dip spit into a pail.

Oh, and you're wearing a suit!

You going to tell him about activity coefficients?

You have a habit of dumbing down stuff 4metals.

But darn, sounds like you're describing my old hefty self when I was learning all this! The attrition rate on clothing if you actually do anything is pretty bad.

Anyway, I like to tell people it's crowded in that there solution and too much going on for the acid to support.

And just in case anyone wanted to know, figured I'd say

Latest posts

Back