Howdy Ya'll! I was gone a while but you didn't miss me.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midlands

I joined this forum several years ago after re-opening my gold buying business in another state. Some smart guys here helped me find the refinery I use now.
But somehow I lost my login info and just now had to re-join.

Anyway, I'm a growing gold buyer and love serving my clients and making a living in this industry. I'd like to get into refining my own scrap and reselling bars, but there's no way to build a setup at my home or current office. So I'm just reading, learning, and picking brains about questions as I go.

Small collectors like yourself typically melt in house and the only refining they do is for chemical stone removal because it is more cost effective to process that in house. As far as your karat gold, it is hard to process yourself and do it as cost effectively as a larger refinery. And if you cannot sell your own fine gold easily, you have to sell it to a larger refiner anyway.

Setting up to melt and do a small scale stone removal process really doesn't require a lot of space and all of the details to get you going have been discussed here on the forum in detail.

I joined this forum several years ago after re-opening my gold buying business in another state. Some smart guys here helped me find the refinery I use now.
But somehow I lost my login info and just now had to re-join.

Anyway, I'm a growing gold buyer and love serving my clients and making a living in this industry. I'd like to get into refining my own scrap and reselling bars, but there's no way to build a setup at my home or current office. So I'm just reading, learning, and picking brains about questions as I go.
If you remember your old user name we can fix that.

Midlands, I can probably restore your old account. Send me a PM with any information you remember about it, like your old username (or as close as you can remember), the email address you might have used, etc.

Dave

Latest posts

Back