Hunters Chat Room

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
philddreamer said:
kurtak wrote:
During the (work) week it is hard for me to post much due to having a day job - plus this time of the year deer & elk hunting season is coming up so I spend my week ends out in the woods scouting for the up coming hunting seasons -
Indeed!

Bear season started Aug. 1st in Washington state; my wife and I went out our son and his son. Around 8:30 a.m.
BOOOM! BEAR DOWN! :mrgreen: Our grandson saw it and dropped it, 230yds shot.

Nice Phil 8) :mrgreen:

just a reminder :arrow: Hunters Chat Room

Kurt

I'm sorry for posting the pic in the wrong section and thus offending some members...

If a moderator can please delete it... I might re-posted on a later day in the Hunters chat section.

Thank you!
Phil

Shark wrote:
I love those bear pictures. I would give it a try again if I was able.

And I love those fish pic's!!! 8) I haven't done any fishing for some years... last time I went out with a friend I caught a 12# silver salmon. Good eating! :mrgreen:

phil

oh... another bear pic:

Attachments

• 20200802_120159_HDR.jpg
    20200802_120159_HDR.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 32
Here are few from before I gained all the weight (and grey hair). Both of these these were tagged for NOAA and released. The first two are of the same fish.

Bull Shark
Jurasic Park 095.jpg

That is a 5 1/2 foot rod.
Jurasic Park _ 14[1].jpg

Scalloped Hammerhead.
DSCF0086.JPG

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=1-iKwZKc7Ok&list=RDAMVM1-iKwZKc7Ok

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

WOW!!! :shock: Now that's a big catch!!! :D

Ever since I had a close encounter with one of them "puppies" when I was grewing up in Puerto Rico, I only want to see them in pic's! :mrgreen:

Been a while... So, while deer has been rather slow this year, Spring turkey season might be a bit better. Been chasing one deer this time, and so far he has stayed nocturnal, but we have a few more days of the season yet.

DSCF0126.JPG

I have counted as many as 27 turkey in this flock and 6 of them were toms.

IMG_0008.png

I'm curious to how many newcomers will be going to the woods this year. Due to cabin fever and covid and politics. I've seen a lot of more than abundance of people on the lakes already.

Be safe,
Andrew

And that's so scary! People who haven't a clue as to what they're doing, tromping out to the woods with deadly weapons. I gave up hunting on public land a long time ago. Even private land is dangerous. I've been in a stand on my buddy's land and had a slug come ripping through the branches uncomfortably close to me.

Dave

You have to be careful not to wander into a meth lab hidden in the woods, or onto an illegal field of Drugs.
The most danger is in entering the woods or coming back out of the woods.

We have to go further into the woods now, to get away from the homeless camps close to any roads.
The government now charging more for a hunting license than the meat is worth.

going hunting nowadays you not only have to worry about someone shooting you by accident but also you just hope they miss you when they begin shooting at you on purpose.

Just wanted to share a bit.

A small buck harvested last season, about 225 lbs.

About 7-8 years ago I started making a few deals on this forum with Ericrm. We lost touch for a few years and started to work together again the last 2 years. Eric came to hunt with me on my land and he was able to hit that white tail with 12 gauge at 50 yards. A bullet straight in the middle of the heart (I wont post picture here, but believe me, a perfect shot).

Just nice to see that a forum, a business, a passion can bring people together outside the electronic / virtual world. I consider Eric a good friend and that, thanks to the forum.

butcher said:
Oh, how I used to love to fish, fish fresh off a hot fire Mmmmm sounds good.

These are hollow including the stem, but the outside top does not look like it would taste good, no matter how much fish and butter you had, maybe I am wrong.
mushroom2].jpg
mushroom1.jpg
I would rather eat fried squirrel brains, they look better than these mushrooms do, and I know they taste good and are safe to eat...

looks like we have the same Massey, I remeber changing that exact same ball joint... was a true pain...

Been a while since anyone has posted here, so I thought I might renew interest a bit.

I can take two more does this year along with two more bucks, but was just being lazy and enjoying the scenery when this doe stopped by.

Beautiful animals! And delicious!

We've had two nice 8 point bucks showing up around the house this year. But, I'm not allowed to take yard deer. I no longer have access to any private land, and I don't hunt public land around here.

You've now introduced me to the tactacam. Pretty cool.

Dave

I had a hard time with the camera when I first got it but I am getting better with it. They aren’t as easy to set up as they make it sound. But the more I tinker with it the better it gets. Sometimes it is just more relaxing and fun to watch the animals, it isn’t always about harvesting one. I have a ton of turkey footage also, but they aren’t nearly as clear.

Back