I have many gold pins and one problem.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After boiling solution change colour to "brown" . And stannous chloride test shows me brown/black colour. I see some brown powder on the bottom

Remulis said:
After boiling solution change colour to "brown" . And stannous chloride test shows me brown/black colour. I see some brown powder on the bottom

It is hard to understand what you doing. How many pins have you processed? You shouldn't be boiling the solution, were you getting rid of the excess chlorine? Did you mix any SMB in the solution before the brown powder appeared? That brown powder may be gold depending on what you have done.
Can you post pictures? They may help.

Jim

I have processed 4,5 kg of pins, but I dissolved in HCl-Cl only half of black sludge what I get from electrolytic process. I don't boiled the solution, when bubbles comming up I stopped the heating. I added some SMB before heating and after.
Tommorow I upload some photos of my "chemical experiments"

Maybe I added too little SMB?

Sounds like a mess to me. Hard to tell exactly what you have going on here. If you processed all those pins in HCL/CL that was your first mistake aside from jumping the gun. Your supposed to run through Hydrochloric and peroxide first, aka acid/peroxide, HCL/CL is for dissolving your gold after all the base metals have been dealt with.

And you don't add SMB while your mix is hot. Did you buy Steve's dvd on this method?

Remulis said:
Smack- I must "wash" the black sludge from electrolyze process in acid peroxide first?

No, I don't think he caught the fact that you ran the pins in a sulfuric cell first.

Jim

Yes, it's true. I put the pin right away and drove sulfuric acid electrolysis. If it was a mistake, what can I do about it now?

Today I bought the Lazersteve dvd's about gold. I think I know something about them recovery of gold from all the electronic components.

Latest posts

Back