If you need Sodium Metabisulfite

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ky.Sam

Heres a couple places to check. You can also get Glycerin here

www.homebrewit.com/aisle/1080
www.undergrounddigital.com left hand side chemical additives click wine additives.

Placed an order with underground digital, the co. is Perfect Brewing Supplies. Got an e-mail back stating the owner of the co. died over the holidays, and they have suspended operations. Bummer, trying the other for smb

I believe some people on here use the product called "yellow out" in the laundry aisle. Im not sure of the purity of the gold that will be precipitated,but its a good start until you get real sulfite.

Never_Evil said:
I believe some people on here use the product called "yellow out" in the laundry aisle. Im not sure of the purity of the gold that will be precipitated,but its a good start until you get real sulfite.

Yellow out has been renamed to white brite, not sure if the composition has changed

Hi All,
I found Yello Out and next to it Rust Out By the same co...Rust Out INC.
rust out is the same but doesn't contain optical whiteners.
I just tried it and it works good..around here i could not get smb...
Have a good day to all!...Bernie

If the Rust Out worked, did it precipatate the majority of the gold out?
What did the other chemicals do to the base metals in the slurry?
I am just trying to find local sources, so any information is helpful.

Hokay, so I dissolve everything. What is the way to seperate everything but the gold?
I can see a loop starting by dissolving everything, then putting everything into a sludge pile.
Is there a way to precipitate the other elements out? Or is it possible to just seperate the gold, leaving the other elements?
I have so much to learn. I am still having trouble downloading the Hoke e-book. It keeps looping.

Steve, I open the page, go to the yellow DOWNLOAD button, push it. It goes to download, the HTML downloads and opens up another download page. It goes on, and on, and on.
I signed up and can log in. It does the same thing.
I even downloaded save to file, same thing.

I just tried it, and it worked OK for me.
Before Zonealarm Spy Blocker was blocking
it on my computer, from other links people
posted,but this link from Steve was no problem.
Jim

I disconnected all my spyware and virus and tried it. It loops, and loops, and loops.
Arrrrrgh!
I am sure it is simple. An Active X headline comes up. I did cancel that.

I signed up for the entry. Same thing. Clicking the download button, goes to another page to download, then another page to download, and on, and on, and on.
Any ideas? I am sure it works. It must be me.

Steve, someday I hope we meet. I would like to shake your hand and say thank you.
I am a computer BOZO!
The link worked, I got it,
THANK YOU!

Hi all,
What a great thing! I personally would like to thank all of the great people
that made this site for refining and for those who brought the hoke book
to us!Now we don't have an excuse not to learn the many proper
techniques in the book---sorry i'm off topic-------
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Bernie Foley

Bernie, you said it for me. I did not even know where to start with all this. I was so frustrated.
I have already met some really helpful folks.
I have some gold filled sitting in a glass jar with some sulphuric acid. Not much, just a little bit. It is still pretty much in the same condition as when I first put it in there. I added a little salt, smelled some hydrogen, and it is still sitting there.
From being a member here, I am finding out actually what to do.
You said it all.

Are any of these SMB?

Sodium Bisulfate, Anhydrous
NaHSO4
Grade : Laboratory, Crystal
XS-2290-500 500g bottle $ 11.15

Sodium Bisulfite
NaHSO3
Grade : Laboratory, Crystal
XS-2324-500 500g bottle $ 19.30

Sodium Borate, 10-Hydrate
Na B O • 10H O 2 4 7 2
Grade : Laboratory, Granular
XS-2412-500 500g bottle $ 11.30

I'm in Canada so im not sure if I can get chemicals from states.

Latest posts

Back