Inquarted Gold Help

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeeter629

I have some enquarted gold I have processed with home made nitric acid. All of the gold went into sulition with the silver. My question is should I add SMB to drop the gold or should I add copper to drop the silver first? Thank you all in advanced.

skeeter, it seems you are leaving something out of the story.
quartered the gold, with what silver?
homemade nitric acid, it will disolve the silver but would not dissolve the gold, if it truly was gold,unless chlorine or some other chemical is involved.

we cannot reliably give advice without knowing the whole story.

what is the material you started with, electronics, gold plated junk jewelry, 14K jewelry, other?

what steps did you take, including how you made your nitric, and everything you did to this up to now.

my old truck don't run to good, can you tell me how to fix it, and also what is that clunk clunk noise? :p
we are not mind readers, help us out please. :lol:

skeeter629 said:
I have some enquarted gold I have processed with home made nitric acid. All of the gold went into sulition with the silver.
That makes no sense. You can not have silver and gold in solution at the same if acid has been used. Are you suggesting that your silver is now silver chloride?

Have you tested the solution to see if you have any gold? Could it be that you melted a copper alloy, thinking it was gold?

Harold

Latest posts

Back