Interesting find

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! 99 dollars for a single flash plated board, it looks to me like a copper layer, very poor picture. I doubt there is any gold. I'm pretty sure they are not worth the price.

Disappointment guaranteed!
Are you advertizing this or asking if this is any good?
Because i have my doubts..

What is "interesting" about these finds is the absolute ridiculous price people (with gold fever) will pay for boards like that

You would be VERY LUCKY to get 1 gram of gold from all three of those boards

Kurt

If he has a lot of these boards (30 is the max you can type in), why not sell them all together and save on shipping, Ebay costs, etc.?

think think..

Yes, and I want to point out another thing:
That even there are a lot of really gullable people that may be 'asking to be scammed', selling brass as gold bars, ENIG plating PCB's for "HIGH YIELD!!!" and more of such practices is not only criminal in my view, it's also very irresponsible.

Why?

Because the people buying these things are not very likely to be experienced in recovery and refining with chemicals. Or in dealing with waste. Putting their selves in danger for a few atoms of gold.
And where do these chemicals end up? In the sink, in the garden, in the gutter! A good part of them, I am sure.

These criminals are at the start of a possibly very polluting chain of ignorance and nature pays the price in the end.

I do believe in karma, or something like that. ( NON religious ;))

I was one of the suckers that fell for a similar scam.
And these very same boards have been offered for years. And the price started out at $40.
The ones I bought. Were listed as "Israeli military communications equipment boards" with "very heavy gold plating" "for high yield recovery of gold" etc. Seller was listed as in Israel and 4-6 week ground shipping.
Lots of 4 star ratings and a bunch sold.
With only a few remaining.
In the pictures they looked gold plated.
They were going to be my first attempt at scrap board gold recovery.
Unfortunately I was a fool and had other things happening in my life when they finally arrived. Only took a quick look at them and put them away.
Couple months later I finally got around to trying to do something with them. Stripped off the masking with lye and found only copper traces.
No gold plating at all.
Flat out BS scam!
But it was too late to ask for a refund or file a complaint.
Never bought scrap boards off ebay again.

Well, 18 years ago, I worked with some type of these boards (base station mobile amplifiers from Nokia), they do have gold plating on a large surface, but no way you`ll get 1,5g of gold out of one board (for 100 USD that is sold for). You`ll better buy 1,5g of gold for your money and save your time and health rather than buy these boards invest in chemicals to recover the gold and you`ll end up with half of that amount for double the price.

Some things are not worth chasing after.

I would say a fair price. 90% of the actual gold value max.
You really can sell anything as long as you are clear about what you're selling. ENIG plating is not high yield.
This forum will always crtically review what's being discussed here and opions will differ.
This price is good if there is at least 2.5 gram of gold on the board.

Imo.😉

I once purchased 150 kg of completely gold-plated PCBs for only 200 USD. These PCBs were all flash plated.

As a general rule, I do not recommend buying anything advertised as "Gold Scrap." Typically, if something is worth the amount being asked, the seller will either process it themselves or ship it to a refinery. Therefore, it is best to avoid purchasing anything advertised as "Gold Scrap." If the seller is selling it for less than its true value, they likely know its true value and are not being transparent with the buyer.

In summary, it is important to be very cautious when purchasing items advertised as "Gold Scrap".

Back