is there anyone who can help?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NOx is a combination of seven different gases and compounds composed of nitrogen and oxygen, basically the decomposition gases and products of nitric acid, or burning fossil fuels...

The most common of these gases we are concerned with are nitric oxide gas NO (g) a colorless gas that is not very water-soluble, but in air or oxygen converts to the more soluble NO2 gas which is fairly soluble and a pollution product which can lead to acid rains, Nitrous oxide NO2 (g) the deadly red cloud of gases you see when concentrated nitric acid attacks metals, NO2when combined with water or moisture will convert back into being nitric acid, the other most common of these seven gases we may see is the Nitrous oxide gas N2O also known as laughing gas or sleeping gases...

Several of these gases are a danger to us and can in cases pollute our environment, and with water or moisture from the air can convert back into nitric acid and can become harmful in our air, our waters, and our in lungs...

Health effects of nitrogen oxides gases can include:

Death
Genetic mutations
Harm to a developing fetus
Decreased female fertility
Spasms
Swelling of the throat
Rapid pulse
Dilated heart

Urea is basically useless to remove nitric acid or nitrate salts from the aqua regia, although it can remove NO2 or some of the NOx gases from the solution.

Sulfamic acid works better than urea it will remove the free nitric acid and nitrate salts (where urea will not) sulfamic acid also like urea eliminates the NOx gases from the solution.

Sulfamic acid will work when you use too much nitric acid where urea will not, sulfamic acid will convert nitrate salts to acid, decompose the free nitric acid, and De-NOx the solution.

sulfamic converts to sulfuric acid in solution, which can be a benefit with nitric and nitrate decomposition and removal with heating, and also help to convert lead salts to an insoluble lead sulfate salts for easier removal.

You would use sulfamic acid instead of urea, to do a better job.

Urea will work if you do not use too much nitric acid in your aqua regia, urea can de-NOx the solution, remove gases, but it cannot convert the nitrate salts back into nitric acid or it cannot eliminate, remove or decompose the free nitric acid in solution... So Urea is only useful if you do not use too much nitric acid to begin with.

Copperas, also called FeSO4, ferrous sulfate, Iron sulfate, green vitriol, is a reducing agent which is easy to make from iron and 10% diluted sulfuric acid.
FeSO4 or copperas is selective for gold, it is used like the other reducing agents for selectively precipitating gold from an ionic solution of gold chloride AuCl3, used just like sodium metabisulfite SMB or other reducing agents are used.

Copperas crystals can be used in a spot plate or white plastic spoon to test for gold in solution (brown ring of precipitated gold is a positive result in the test, copperas will not reduce copper from a solution like SMB can if overused, and copperas can help to de-NOx the solution where SMB cannot, it also is better where PGM metal may be in solution...

I added iron sulfate as you said, and the color darkened like this. do you think this is normal? Would it be a problem to add iron sulfate later? or should I add it instantly?

Attachments

• IMG_20200710_235825.jpg
    IMG_20200710_235825.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 324
  • IMG_20200710_235839.jpg
    IMG_20200710_235839.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 324
  • IMG_20200710_235836.jpg
    IMG_20200710_235836.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 324
  • IMG_20200710_235832.jpg
    IMG_20200710_235832.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 324
Yes.

it was like this when I tried to filter

Attachments

• IMG_20200711_021527.jpg
    IMG_20200711_021527.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 298
  • IMG_20200711_021507.jpg
    IMG_20200711_021507.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 298
Whatever gold is in any of that isn't worth the health problems you and your family will be risking by doing that in your kitchen. Seriously you should just stop.

On top of the witches brew being concocted here there are many things wrong with this.

For all we know it could be a couple boards or kilos that were burned and put in the pot. (It's very possible there is no gold there and you're just playing with chemical reactions and the salts created.)

It's hard not to make assumptions from a few pics, a few words, and very little backstory.
But since you answered yes to being a household gas stove I'm assuming this is in your house....

The fumes created are dangerous. Not just from the chemical reactions but you are possibly putting whatever metals including lead and trash toxins into your atmosphere. You also are putting whatever metal objects in the house including the stove and sink at risk of corrosion. Not to mention any living being around is subjected to all of it. On top of the long term health risks fumes can be fatal and death is a hard thing to come back from. I just saw someone doing something simalar a couple weeks ago, except they were using sulfuric acid. They died in two days.

Store whatever you have in a bucket. If any values are in it, it's not going anywhere. Study.

your friend,
Andrew

How do you know that the bird-brains are my family home? I do not want to speak badly to those who told me not to do, please do not force me. either give information about the photo, try to help, or talk stupidly stupid and don't tell you things like don't do it as if you had a little kid. I request this from you.

Alper its pretty simple do as others have asked you to do. Do this activity outside or we won't help you. We will not assist you in hurting yourself or others. Chemicals are dangerous to handle and if you do this inside the fumes will build up to toxic levels real fast. You can buy a portable electric kitchen burner, they are cheap. Do this outside away from everyone. Also wear gloves all the time when doing this. We are not trying to be mean. You will lose a lot of gold if you don't slow down and study. There are certain processes for each type of material and you need to study here on the forum which process is the right one to use with each type of scrap. Please listen to us.

are you sick Do you think my family lives where I use chemicals? or do you think me without a mask? friends, you don't have to worry about me because I think of myself, my family and my environment. Do not I know that it is inconvenient to deal with this kind of work where there are people? I think you are the people who know nothing but making excuses and find such cheap excuses to explain the photo. guys come to yourself

Calm down. How can you expect us to know what you are doing and where you are doing it. The pictures you have taken look like they are on your kitchen stove. Also how can you expect us to know exactly what your problem is. The parts that you burned can have so many different metals in them not to mention 1 company will use one type of metal and a different company will use something else. We were not there and only know what you can tell us but even then you might leave out critical information. So all we can do is speculate on what you have. The best thing you can do is put the stuff away in a safe container and study on this forum. There is a search function that you can find on the menu tab. Use that and search about the material you processed.

When I add iron sulfate, something like this collapses. What do you think this is? It's a little darkening when I drip tin chloride, isn't that proof of gold?

Attachments

• IMG_20200713_190623.jpg
    IMG_20200713_190623.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20200713_190620.jpg
    IMG_20200713_190620.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20200713_190602.jpg
    IMG_20200713_190602.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20200713_190610.jpg
    IMG_20200713_190610.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20200713_190606.jpg
    IMG_20200713_190606.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 130
alper,

All I can see is the toxic salts of metals like iron or copper, and a mess to deal with.

I do not know what you are trying to do, but it is not helping you to learn these skills.
it is a waste of your time to try and get gold at this point, you do not have enough understanding of the basic principles, you do not even have a basic understanding of the dangers involved...

Stop making this mess put your chemicals away safely, and learn how to safely deal with the toxic mess you have made now, during that process you will be able to recover values.

You are not learning anything, by doing things you do not understand, first work on learning the basics, of how to safely work, and how to dispose of the toxic waste.

After studying the basics of safety, then we can discuss learning more, and do some getting acquainted experiments, before beginning a study on recovery, refining, testing, and so on with some simple materials to learn with.

Put away the chemicals until you gain some more knowledge and learn more.

You asked for help, but to get it you must listen and follow the advice to study, otherwise you will not learn and we both just waste our time.

how can I learn? where can i learn Do you have any resources etc. you can recommend me about this? if possible with Turkish translation or subtitles because I don't understand English very much

Start with the safety section begin your study with dealing with waste.

As I stated several times, you can recover any values from the toxic solution using copper in that process, then iron to recover any copper, before raising the pH to around pH 10 to 11 with lime to remove many of the toxic metals, then just enough acid to bring the pH back to around neutral pH7 to remove more of the toxic metals...

The process is simple once you understand it if you can read the answers to the questions you ask you can gain the answers to many questions by studying what is written there...

Be sure to gain an understanding of how to work safely, this is an ongoing study, as we learn more and work with more of the chemistry we must also learn more of the dangers of what we are doing or with the materials, we are working with...

As I stated before if you want help then begin your study there, put up the chemicals away in a safe place until you gain an understanding of the process.

Anything you do not understand about the process of dealing with waste just asks, most of the members will be glad to help you understand it...

When you are ready to begin the process of treating your waste solution with chemicals, we can help you with any questions you have. It may be helpful if you explain everything in detail the better we understand what you have done or are doing the better advice you will get...

Once you gain an understanding of the dangers involved and gain an understanding of how to work safely with the materials, we can then begin working on getting an understanding of the metals and how they react chemically (getting acquainted experiments Hokes Book, from there we can begin studying and working on simple processes then work up to more complicated materials like ore, or electronic scrap...

As I told you before these skills take years to learn, and you can spend the rest of your life and never learn it all and keep learning more that is one thing that makes this field of work so interesting.

The more we study and gain an understanding the more we can improve our skills.

Practicing chemistry without any understanding is just a good way to make dangerous messes, and lose our gold.

Studying to gain an understanding before trying anything is a good way to learn more and get more gold.

I don't know if the translator he is using is translating all of our words properly. It seems he keeps asking the same questions. We keep telling him to study on the forum and then I even told him where to find the search function, but he is asking for us to give him the information and preferably in Turkish. To me it seems he doesn't understand all of what we are saying to him. I may be wrong though.

I think a combination of a poor translator and wanting an easy way out of the mess he made. I see this frequently on other forums I visit.

Alper, the best advice I can give you is to put everything away. Now.

Next, download a copy of “Refining Precious Metal Wastes”, by C M Hoke. While about 70 years old, this publication is still the best primer for recovery and refining of precious metals. Read it. Read it again.

Looks like there may be lead or silver present. AR wont dissolve either. Try filtering the AR and test with stannous chloride. The urea probably wont help if the acid is highly concentrated.

Latest posts

Back