IShor's SubZero solution

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gorgin92

Hey guys my name is Caleb i am very new to refining with acid and really need a little help.

I have bought the SubZero solution from IShor and the hydrocloric acid and im having trouble with percipitating. I beleave I have the AR correct it desolves the gold and the solution turns to a dark green color. I then added urea till it quits reacting, add the Storm Percipitant to another becer and let it sit for hours and it never clears up. Pore off the solution and wash with windex (that is all i had with amonia in it) and then again with water. After its all said and done there is nothing left. I beleave all my gold is still in the solution do to the fact there it is still as dark green as it was befor the percipitant.

Anyway any help would be greatly apreciated.

If you do a search on IShor, you will find nothing positive about them or their products.

You should say what you dissolved and how much of it for someone to have any idea of how to help you.You aren't going to find any subzero experts here.You are far better putting that stuff to the side and reading on this forum.You will learn that all you bought from IShor was over-priced regular
chemicals you could have found elsewhere,much cheaper.

Jim

Dark green, base metals in solution, these need eliminated before trying to dissolve gold.
If when you tried to dissolve gold if there were any base metals undissolved check them for your gold.

what are the results of stannous chloride test?

precipitation will not work untill solution denoxxed.

then there is always the copper buss bar if all else fails.

Sorry jimdoc im trying to refine gold from computer parts. Could you elaborate a little more on the stannous chloride test and the solution denoxxed? I am very new to all this and still learning.

gorgin92 said:
Sorry jimdoc im trying to refine gold from computer parts. Could you elaborate a little more on the stannous chloride test and the solution denoxxed? I am very new to all this and still learning.

I figured that it was computer parts.What I was saying is you should let everybody know what parts and how much of them.

Was it a couple processors?If so what type?Was it a bunch of everything mixed?

When you are very new to this and just learning,you should do a lot of reading and just accumulate stuff to process when you know what to do with it.
Look for C.M. Hoke's book to download and study the forum,the answers are all here.

Jim

Yeah i am :) but i am very much a person to learn from trying more thin reading. Anyway i am doing a mix of processers and ram and other asorted boreds. Im working in small batches of roughly 1 - 2 CPUs 1 - 2 sticks of RAM and small pices of cut up boreds. I am going to start braking that down to smaller batches though till i get it all worked out probly just a processer at a time.

If you are going to go ahead and keep doing things that you are unsure of,I think you will be on your own.

Just research why others keep whole boards,with solder out of their batches.
Learning from what works for others and even reading about their mistakes,can only help you become a better refiner.And your odds of doing it safely are much better.

Jim

If doing boards your gold is most likely plating to the copper on the circuit boards, some of these traces can be under layers of fiberglass and solder mask.

use stannous chloride (tin + HCL), to test your solution for gold, again your test sample will need denoxxed, to give results.

stannous test should be higher on your study list than trying to get gold.

sounds like you made a big mess of this batch, if you have any gold in solution (verified by stannous), cement it out with copper buss bar, but I suspect most of your gold will be with the left over circuit boards, or in the lead chloride powders.

also study dealing with waste, and saftey these are more important than a few bb's of metal.

Latest posts

Back