keyboard mylar refining without nitric

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there's something wrong ppls, im not here to say that i want to put 5 liter of acid on hot plate in a room 1x1 meter without windows, i'm not so stupid, i know that using acids an other stuff can be really dangerous, i just say that for me doesn't matter to know every chemistry rule, i just want to try to make it, i'm not up for a gold run, i dont want to become rich refining gold, i just have some scraps, and try to refine it, nothing else.

lotro---

If someone did tell you everything you need to know, it would be big enough to fill a book.

But then you wouldn't want to read it, anyway! So why bother?

Can you give a good description of the e-scrap you do have. Maybe, some pictures? This might give someone an idea of what process you would need, and a better way to help you understand what everyone is meaning.

Actually to be honest about it I really am an artist. This painting below is several years old but was my first portrait. It was supposed to be like a modern day Tinkerbelle. Anyways, yes anybody can buy paint, but not everyone can paint.

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    17.9 KB
acpeacemaker said:
Can you give a good description of the e-scrap you do have. Maybe, some pictures? This might give someone an idea of what process you would need, and a better way to help you understand what everyone is meaning.

This would be negating what we are unsuccessfully trying to get across to lotrogold. He has no interest in the "why" and only the "how". Giving him incomplete information would lead to two things. Either him attempting to recover the silver, messing up and coming back to ask more questions which are easily found on this forum with a 5 second search or... him injuring himself or worse. I'm gonna go old school and offer this advice to him. Read Hoke.

I actually thought about that after I posted it and would like to retract it. It was more out of feeling badly for someone. I agree whole heartedly and old school all the way, read Hoke.

acpeacemaker said:
Actually to be honest about it I really am an artist. This painting below is several years old but was my first portrait. It was supposed to be like a modern day Tinkerbelle. Anyways, yes anybody can buy paint, but not everyone can paint.

That is a fine piece of work.

Thank you for the compliments guys, I love to paint. Lately, I've had a lot of people bringing me old baby pics to paint because thier photos were deteriorating. But enjoy wildlife as go to type thing.

Sorry for the thread necro… but would boiling sulfuric acid eat through the sheets on the keyboard trace so I could dissolve silver and refined with Lye and sugar?

Welcome to the forum japeatr.
I don't know how much you know about refining but that is not a recommended process for most people.

I wasn't sure... so i Googled for: "silver in hot concentrated H2SO4"

First result:

"Chemical properties:
Silver does not react with dilute hydrochloric acid and dilute sulphuric acid but it reacts with hot concentrated sulphuric acid and this reaction gives sulphur dioxide water and silver sulphate."

I learn so much from answering questions here. :wink:
So the plastic will dissolve (into carbon?), but the silver will dissolve into silver sulfate.

But seriously, wet ashing is ridiculously dangerous!!!!

Don't try it! Only to be done by the most experienced chemists with a safe workspace! Boiling sulfuric eats trough you in a split second. It boils at 337 degrees C by the way.

That bit of silver is not worth the risks of hot H2SO2.

STAY ALIVE. Study long and hard and stick to known processes.

Martijn.

Edited for correct H2SO4 spelling in stead of H2O2.

Latest posts

Back