Large Scale E-Waste Recycling Processes Question

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's creative however the money has long left the building in that particular game.
I'm sure its not a high margin business, but I meant that if they are being stuck with CRTs either way, this was a creative way to at least not lose money on them.

In this kind of operation precious metals should be treated as a bonus and not primary goal otherwise you will end up spending dollars chasing around pennies.
I understand your point, any business that makes its money in commodities is inherently a volume business, and the plastics, copper and resins make up the largest volume of saleable commodities. My point was more that even if the pms make up a small % of the volume, when gold sells for 6,666 times the amount of copper, a small % still makes a big impact. IE 1G au makes them the same amount as 6.66KG cu. IEx2, if we estimate they are extracting 160kg of cu per ton (a moderate estimate), they would need to extract only 24g of au per ton to match the amount of value from cu (not including any other pms).

Whenever you have a higher profit margin input, you work to maximize that, because it is much less impacted by market fluctuations and externalities. Therefore I would have expected this company which appears very efficient and streamlined, to be maximizing the amount of pms they extract, even if they are processing lots of low pm content inputs. But they were throwing their shaker table outputs on the ground to dry them etc.

Mute sound as music there is annoying.
jajajaaj this video rocks and the music is killer! Damn, after living in New Orleans, Fl, Tx, San Diego and Madrid for the past 15 years, the thought of working with this kind of business in the middle of a snow, is justttt notttt attractiveeee. Which is what I think every time I return to MI for Christmas and remember roofing and siding houses with my dad as a kid.

We are also working on the large scale E-waste recycling process.
watch our 150 kg ic chips recycling at one time
youtu.be/Xhz0sgfYD8M
150 kg neo.jpg

Goldrecovery,

Your methods are crude and you are doing a great disservice to members who watch your video's. You make no attempt explain any of your chemistry or to to capture any fumes and I wonder what happened to the volumes of waste you generated.

I am requesting you describe your details of how you treated the waste, although I would prefer to see a video to actually show you did something. Anyway, if we do not hear from you in a week you will be banned for spamming the board, unless of course you post more of this crap before then, in that case I will ban you immediately.

4metals said:
...I wonder what happened to the volumes of waste you generated.

They didn't show it in this video, but one of his other ones that was almost identical to this one, showed them dumping it right down the drain.

The second member to join recently using the same signature line. Sound almost like advertising for some collage entrance aids.

Thanks again for all of the valuable feedback and input gentlemen.

The business development went quite well over July, thanks in large part to ya'lls input. However it was still very general. Now until the end of the year we will be working to hammer down on details and turn assumptions into validated points. From the business modeling I know that e-recycling in LatAm is an opportunity, but I dont know if this is the right time. Stay tuned.

We have the month of August off so I am traveling through Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czech, Austria, Slovenia and Monaco for a few weeks in Italy. Getting back to my roots in Wroclaw Poland right now, eating paczkis and reading on the bank of the Oder river.

SLKInf said:
so I am traveling through Latvia

Hey man, glad to hear it, not every day you see your little homeland mentioned on a global forum, i suggest that you take a day or two and really take in all the fun that Latvia has to offer, our beer is great (really, on par with checz in my learned opinion on that particular matter...) and cheap (relatively), girls are beautifull, and with great warm weather we are having, you must check out some of our nice white sand beaches...

I am sorry to say i probably cant help you much regarding gold recovery (just starting myself, really), but feel free to PM me with any Latvia related questions, i Will be more than happy to answer them :)

Jaja I had a fun couple of days in Riga and rode bikes out to Jurmala. I couch surfed at the house a guy from Siberia and had a lot of fun. Really nice town. And I was definitely impressed with the women. Went to the Radisson club at night and it was packed with beautiful women. Friendliness was hit or miss, but I think with a few more days to get the lay of the land and the local courting rituals, and things would work out. And lol I was not on Tinder because I am traveling with a lady friend, that always increases the odds of making new friends.
I would like to spend more time traveling the country.

Back