liquid gold?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a cocky teenager (way back in my distant past) I was told that I have 2 eyes, 2 ears and 1 mouth, and if I wanted to learn anything I should use them in those proportions and that order.
Translated to learning from the forum, read everything you can on a choosen subject, listen to what that reading is teaching you, and if you have questions that you need to clarify anything, then you can use your mouth. Its working for me.

You banned him? all i see is you getting mad =c It was hard to read this thread and have you ripping him to shreds for putting to use what he learned on these forums. Thankfully the community was helpful and some actually offered great information. This thread helped me. And i hope it continues :shock:

hokereader said:
You banned him? all i see is you getting mad =c It was hard to read this thread and have you ripping him to shreds for putting to use what he learned on these forums. Thankfully the community was helpful and some actually offered great information. This thread helped me. And i hope it continues :shock:

How is it you just joined and picked this post to comment on within 6 minutes?

Jim

hokereader said:

This forum only exists so long as the people who belong to it, contribute to it in a responsible way. When someone who is new and has no experience, nor background in this, claims that their dangerous process works when all knowledge in chemistry states otherwise, and then promotes their illogical and unsafe process, it would be exceedingly irresponsible to allow that person to continue posting about their dangerous experiment.

I saw nobody getting mad, I only saw responsible members attempting to set the original poster straight, which he refused to follow more than one time. This is a problem sometimes with people. They do not know enough to understand they should be far more humble about their experience here. Maybe if they understood that this is a professional board that includes professional hobbyists and it's not a forum for alchemy and dangerous off the shelf experimentation.

If only the original poster had read Hoke prior to posting, and perhaps read a few threads before also, he would not have made the mistake he did. He would not have insisted on supporting his method of recovering gold because after reading Hoke, he would have realized it was not possible and he wouldn't have wanted to sound ignorant.

Scott

He basically used a weak concentration of hcl...and asked if the other ingredients would cause un-intented chemical reactions with anything else he used.

hokereader said:
He basically used a weak concentration of hcl...and asked if the other ingredients would cause un-intented chemical reactions with anything else he used.

He basically used, or I basically used?

hokereader said:

See, this is exactly the problem I stated exists when people insist that their strange or weird process does something which it cannot. And then continue to support the claim even though they have been told, over and again, how their process cannot produce the claimed results, nor was their process safe in any fashion.

And here you are defending the original poster, and why? Because you are either that same person, or you are someone new who read this post and believes the wrong and incorrect information. This is exactly the reason the original poster was banned, if they were banned.

I would be careful defending people who have posted information which doesn't sit well with the members on this forum who are serious about recovering values from material, specially those who are attempting to make a living out of it. You are perpetuating and suggestion unsafe and unclear processes using unsafe products that cannot possible perform as claimed.

Scott

hokereader said:
*He* is you, according to our logs.

Nice knowing you.

Harold

kurt said:
that didn't take long :shock: some people never learn :roll:
What some don't realize, or fail to respect, is that we have a way of communicating on this forum. It's based on the fundamental teachings of Hoke, so we tend to all be on the same page when a subject is being discussed. When a person comes along that refuses to comply, even if they have a valid statement, it makes things difficult for readers, as they are often left confused, and may well try mixing procedures, which may or may not work.

All we ask is for readers to prepare themselves so they understand what we do here, and to try to fit in instead of being obstinate. I can't speak for the other moderators, but I don't have enough time at my disposal to try to please these folks. If they can't see the wisdom in trying to fit in, then they have no business here.

This guy thinks himself clever, signing in under another name. That won't help him, as we know who posts, and from where. It also permits us to file a grievance with their ISP, often with the results that they are booted from their provider.

That's exactly as it should be, for people with that mindset are nothing more than terrorists.

Harold

Harold_V said:
kurt said:
that didn't take long :shock: some people never learn :roll:
What some don't realize, or fail to respect, is that we have a way of communicating on this forum. It's based on the fundamental teachings of Hoke, so we tend to all be on the same page when a subject is being discussed. When a person comes along that refuses to comply, even if they have a valid statement, it makes things difficult for readers, as they are often left confused, and may well try mixing procedures, which may or may not work.

All we ask is for readers to prepare themselves so they understand what we do here, and to try to fit in instead of being obstinate. I can't speak for the other moderators, but I don't have enough time at my disposal to try to please these folks. If they can't see the wisdom in trying to fit in, then they have no business here.

This guy thinks himself clever, signing in under another name. That won't help him, as we know who posts, and from where. It also permits us to file a grievance with their ISP, often with the results that they are booted from their provider.

That's exactly as it should be, for people with that mindset are nothing more than terrorists.

Harold

All I can says is a big AMEN to that Harold - & thank you for keeping this the "Top Notch" forum in refining that it is :!: :!: :!:

Kurt

Latest posts

Back