List of Items That Contain Precious Metals

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I was not aware of the Au/Si solder. Thought he meant silver. Found this with google.
"gold plating of silica nanoparticles for use in composite solders"

It melts at 685 F so technically it is a solder not a braze.

http://books.google.com/books?id=cQ6khQScBF4C&pg=PA66&lpg=PA66&dq=gold+silicon+solder&source=bl&ots=TCpc3ShPCj&sig=Jqb7YWyEkABGCmk63wkvTwKqHxQ&hl=en&ei=zxNwTe3kNMO1tgfSh7DrDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCAQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=gold%20silicon%20solder&f=false

One thing which has become a profitable stream of refining which, for years was never discussed, is crematory scrap. It is a high yield scrap with Gold and Palladium. When a body in the USA is cremated all of the metal parts are screened out. That is titanium knees, pacemakers, and all dental work.

Here in the US a lot of refiners go after it but in South America where @arthur kierski is located it is often discarded.

One thing which has become a profitable stream of refining which, for years was never discussed, is crematory scrap. It is a high yield scrap with Gold and Palladium. When a body in the USA is cremated all of the metal parts are screened out. That is titanium knees, pacemakers, and all dental work.

Here in the US a lot of refiners go after it but in South America where @arthur kierski is located it is often discarded.
I think the dead are deprived of dental gold even before entering the oven....

very sensitive topic...
but it seems to me that the gold of the dead should belong to their heirs.

very sensitive topic...
but it seems to me that the gold of the dead should belong to their heirs.
I tend to agree, but the laws and ways to do things are different around the world I guess.
But this is probably mostly what is in the body, like stents, dental and such things, not jewelry.

I think many would be surprised where precious metals are used in what appears to be totally unrelated industries and the people who know , because they sell them , where those metals go aren’t likely to tell others as they probably also get the scrap.
I told of one I knew which was silver targets for use in the window industry and who would have guessed that industry was a big user of silver.
I have suggested before to talk to everyone you know about what they do and what they make and see if there’s a possibility of PM use.

very sensitive topic...
but it seems to me that the gold of the dead should belong to their hei
very sensitive.... there are a few states (I believe I was told 4 states) that say the undertaker cannot profit from the sale of the remains. The way the refiners get around it is they melt the lot and figure out what it is worth and call the client and ask them what charity they want the proceeds to go to in their name. Then they take the tax deduction.

There are as many techniques in creative accounting as there are techniques for different scrap refining.

Here in Brazil,i never thought of this.I think it is an idea that can not be discarded.

Latest posts

Back