Looking for a mentor

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi guys

I've posted a few times in different areas of the forum and everyone has been polite however I haven't got very far to date.

I've got access to a lot of raw product, and I have attached a couple of pics to show the kind of product I get in a regular (and legal) stream.

Is anyone out there willing to provide some assistance, which I'm willing to make mutually profitable? I do understand the basics, however my experiments have resulted in some pretty diverse results!

Kind Regards

Jon

Attachments

• Fingers - KG.JPG
    Fingers - KG.JPG
    2.3 MB
  • Ceramic.JPG
    Ceramic.JPG
    2.5 MB
Beautiful collection you have there.

Where you located ???
I live in Fresno and would be willing to travel 100 miles to offer assistance.
But you have to feed me and my doggie.
Tom C

Ahh thanks, sadly I live a few thousand miles from you but I will drop you a PM if that's ok?

Jon

spaceships said:
Ahh thanks, sadly I live a few thousand miles from you but I will drop you a PM if that's ok?

Jon

So where's a few thousand miles from Fresno?...
While you're reading up on what needs to be done, why not cover those fingers in HCL for a couple few days and make sure you get rid of any solder that might be hiding there?.

BS.
Wishin there was some place close enough to Denver, Pa to securely get to work... Kids and freezing temperatures tend to get nosey...

I see from your profile you are in the UK, can we narrow this down a bit?
There are a few of us here on the forum from the UK, myself (south manchester) nickvc (birmingham) and various others scattered around the country.

You aren't that far away from me then.
I've sent you a PM with my email if you want to talk off forum or we can discuss on forum if you prefer.

You seem to have decent material for refining so I'm sure you should find a member to do it for you, the problem many have is sourcing materials to refine.Martyn seems to be a good guy from what I've seen and heard and knows his techniques so I'll leave you in his care and hopefully you both will be happy with the outcome of any arrangement you arrive at. Please post the results and your view of the whole process should you proceed so other members can be informed.

nickvc said:
You seem to have decent material for refining so I'm sure you should find a member to do it for you, the problem many have is sourcing materials to refine.Martyn seems to be a good guy from what I've seen and heard and knows his techniques so I'll leave you in his care and hopefully you both will be happy with the outcome of any arrangement you arrive at. Please post the results and your view of the whole process should you proceed so other members can be informed.

Thank Nick, appreciate the reply and yes I'll happily share

Thanks for your endorsement nick, that means a great deal to me.
Spaceships, I have received your PM but nothing on email so far.
If we go forward and carry out any processing I will be more than happy to report all processes and yields to the forum, allowing accurate yield data to be made available for all members.

This is another type of board that I get. I'm not sure of the type of processor, which is why I've taken a few heatsinks off. The rear of the board has the same level of plated pin contacts but none of the ceramic chips.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Back board.JPG
    Back board.JPG
    2.9 MB
right

Thanks to a lot of information and help so far from vegaswinner (jim) and Martyn111 (Martyn) we're going to get those fingers processed starting today.

I'll post up pics and comments and hopefully yield results, and can I just say that I'm extremely grateful for so many helpful replies. These went way beyond the two guys mentioned and came from all corners of the globe. Thanks to you all.

Jon

That is beautiful material! I wish that I was closer to you so that I could help out. I love working with that type of scrap, especially the ceramic processors.

I'll be glued to this topic! Happy to hear that you received so much help.

Thad.

Hi guys

First picture of some gear that we've taken from the first batch of the fingers. I included the RAM stick to provide some scale. Tech data to follow for anyone who is interested!

Attachments

• First flush.JPG
    First flush.JPG
    2.1 MB
so, you just added HCL and you left it for...how many days? i've left them for a week and something bearly happened :(

That was 2.5 hours Tony in the AP mix that's on lazersteves site.

www.goldrecovery.us it's a great resource. spend some time there- it's worth every minute.

Latest posts

Back