Looking for a mentor

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds to me like he possibly just put the fingers into HCL and left them.

Obviously I could be wrong!

I'll get a report sorted out but the first batch of powder today was pretty nice. weighed in at 10.4g dried.

Attachments

• first dried.JPG
    first dried.JPG
    1.6 MB
I think spaceships is on to something. I like this mentoring idea. Seems to have been successful. I'd like to throw out there basically the same offer, particularly the making it mutually beneficial part. I have enough scrap to send to 4 or 5 individuals to evaluate and collaborate together to come up with the best process. I'm in NC, but I will be happy to ship anywhere in the contiguous US. Oh, you're probably wondering how much I can send. How does a pound sound? I'm curious, whatever amount I send, who can get the highest yield.

Any takers?

Madraykin.

What type of material are we talking about here? I may be interested.

Are you just looking for a toll refiner, or someone to guide you through the process of doing it yourself?

these pieces are mezzanine surface mount connectors that have not been molded. basically what you have are parts stamped from copper, plated with nickel and a small amount of silver, trace lead and about 40% plated with gold. About 5 of the whole pieces weigh one gram, so yes, it'll take quite a bit to get any significant gold. Not a problem. I have roughly 20,000 to 30,000 pieces on hand with access to more.

I'll be honest, I'd love to have some guidance. I've read Hoke and it was very informative and helpful. My sulfuric cell worked like a charm and I also dissolved some fingers in AR with success. I just still find that I'm lacking in the confidence department.

Hi guys

Pics of the first three pieces of melted gold. A UK pound coin to the right to provide scale. 0.03g short of a Troy Oz in this. EXTREMELY happy with the quality of the gold here but would appreciate some feedback from the more experienced members. I'll also post this in a pictures thread.

Attachments

• First three.JPG
    First three.JPG
    2.9 MB

Latest posts

Back