Looking for Job.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Start collecting junk and sell it to scapyards, then reinvest and so on..for example... Believe me, when you get the grip of it, you will no longer want to work for someone else.

Per the bold print - scrapyards played a BIG role in my going from backyard hobby refining to making a living refining

Started out by taking them truck loads of iron, aluminum, copper & telling them how I was able to refine PMs

Next thing I knew - when I came & dropped off a truck load of iron, aluminum, copper I would end up leaving with a truck load of magnetic disconnects (& other contact point scrap) whole computers & CBs etc. etc.

That lead to one of the scrapyards providing a space to handle PM scrap - including setting up a lab - permitted by & through the scrapyard

It was a "good partnerships" (so I still worked for myself)

Sold off all the low - mid & mid/high grade stuff (by the ton) that came in - processed all the VERY high grade stuff in house

They made money - I made money

I have started my own company back in 2013 from just an idea... i did not have tools, i did not have space where to work, i did not have any money for materials, just had enough for my daily living.

I went on and searched for materials i could get for free, adjusted my product and technology to what i had, i substituted the processes which had to be done by tools with hand power. Damn hard it was, but i made it happen because I wanted to succeed. And I did. Then reinvested my earnings, rented a garage and bought some tools to ease my work, I was working almost 20 h per day when my wife was pregnant with my dughter.

Never give up on your dreams or goals.

The knowledge is here on the forum.... make a market research on things you could make money out of, before becoming a refiner.

Before you can be a refiner you probably have to be something else, learn something new.

Start collecting junk and sell it to scapyards, then reinvest and so on..for example... Believe me, when you get the grip of it, you will no longer want to work for someone else.

You are the blacksmith of your own destiny.

Be safe

Pete

So - indeed - it can be done - just as you say ;):D(y)

Kurt

Back