Mathematical equation for gold recovery

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone share this with me like how u would estimate how much gold u would get back from let's say one ram stick .
Do not use u, use proper language, as there are members relying on translators.
As for your question it is not possible to answer without producer, revision, chiptype, year and so on.
This is in the same class as how long is a rope?

Do not use u, use proper language, as there are members relying on translators.
As for your question it is not possible to answer without producer, revision, chiptype, year and so on.
This is in the same class as how long is a rope?
Well I kinda figured it was a stupid question and not possible with out more information. We then can some one help me with my aqua rigia process? I have no problem getting my gold into solution it's getting it back out and 24 kt

Well I kinda figured it was a stupid question and not possible with out more information. We then can some one help me with my aqua rigia process? I have no problem getting my gold into solution it's getting it back out and 24 kt
Describe your process in detail.
Is it the Ram you are describing you have put into solution?

I had some supposedly 24kt military computer connector pins that I pit in nitric and distilled water to get the gold off then filer them out into more distilled water drained it off but not comply dry put into a beaker measured out 30 ml of hcl 10 ml of nitric poor in hcl add nitric little by little on heat plate and magnetic stir pill heat about 70 c add nitric until gold dissolve into the solution . Now I work a full time job so after dissolving it into solution it might sit for a day before I come back to it.then to drop the gold I would add a couple drops of sulfuric and filter it threw a Buckner funnel sprinkle a little sulfamic acid Chrystal to detox the nitric run it threw filer again then add smb

I had some supposedly 24kt military computer connector pins that I pit in nitric and distilled water to get the gold off then filer them out into more distilled water drained it off but not comply dry put into a beaker measured out 30 ml of hcl 10 ml of nitric poor in hcl add nitric little by little on heat plate and magnetic stir pill heat about 70 c add nitric until gold dissolve into the solution . Now I work a full time job so after dissolving it into solution it might sit for a day before I come back to it.then to drop the gold I would add a couple drops of sulfuric and filter it threw a Buckner funnel sprinkle a little sulfamic acid Chrystal to detox the nitric run it threw filer again then add smb
Man this is so hard to follow and English is! my first language.
How about you rewrite this in point form and maybe you will get an answer.

Denox with sulfamic acid. You won't need sulfuric if your use sulfamic as the sulfamic will convert to sulfuric in AR denoxing it and reduceing lead using one chemical.
Filter and use your SMB to drop the gold. Even then your AR must be acidic so make sure you haven't used up your HCL before adding the SMB.

There are many videos of using AR by various members, myself included. But they seldom show mistakes and/or how to correct them. Member Geo has some older videos as well as sreetips. Most are in YouTube and are fairly easy to find using those names. To be able to follow the steps involved in videos one must know when they are seeing realistic and sound advice. Not all videos do this. My suggestion is to spend a few days checking out the forum, get the basics in mind, then read some more. Then write up a step by step plan, submit to the forum and ask for pointers that may help improve your plan, doing so before actually attempting to process anything. Fixing a mistake before it happens is much easier than fixing one after it happens.

By the way, Welcome to GRF.

Ok ,I knew I was doing more steps then necessary. Is there any video on here of somone doing ar
Please do more studies before you mess with more chemicals.
And seriously put a bit more effort to your texts some are, as Gregory so eloquently put it, hardly readable.
Videos may be fine, but if you haven't the basic knowledge and understanding important steps and procedures might elude you.

You’re just wasting nitric by heating it while dissolving the gold. Especially since you leave it for a day. If you heat it you heat it to drive off nitric @ 80C. You’re over complicating it. Once you get to the AR stage just let it sit and dissolve. Add more nitric as needed.

You’re just wasting nitric by heating it while dissolving the gold. Especially since you leave it for a day. If you heat it you heat it to drive off nitric @ 80C. You’re over complicating it. Once you get to the AR stage just let it sit and dissolve. Add more nitric as needed.
It is recommended to heat the Nitric to 70 or more to increase efficiency, but as always with a watch glass or condenser.
If you are going to deNOx it you need to keep it as hot as possible without boiling and continue to a syrup consistency.
Cold Nitric it can be less efficient and may leave more unused Nitric in solution.

There are many videos of using AR by various members, myself included. But they seldom show mistakes and/or how to correct them. Member Geo has some older videos as well as sreetips. Most are in YouTube and are fairly easy to find using those names. To be able to follow the steps involved in videos one must know when they are seeing realistic and sound advice. Not all videos do this. My suggestion is to spend a few days checking out the forum, get the basics in mind, then read some more. Then write up a step by step plan, submit to the forum and ask for pointers that may help improve your plan, doing so before actually attempting to process anything. Fixing a mistake before it happens is much easier than fixing one after it happens.

By the way, Welcome to GRF.
Wow I never thought about doing that. You guys are awsome .I have paused for a moment but the product keeps piling up .I put an add on Facebook market place about recycling electronics and that I will pick them up for free plus I likecto browse ebay lol,there are some good deals on there for gold plated connector pins.what do you guys think about the eco gold x solution? Just curious if anyone here uses it or has used it .I am gonna put my plan togeather and submit it to the forum within the next couple of days thank u for this I am sure I will be able to accomplish my goal of getting a 24kt nugget. Thanks so much

i'd suggest that you might need to wait until the weekend to make your first few runs. at least, until you can get a set of processes set up and working to where you understand what can and cannot be done.

until then, the stock pile will wait. all you have to do is get their contact info, and tell them you'll get back to them when you get your processes set up. this will benefit you in two different ways. it will potentially bring their prices down, if they want to sell things to you. the best way to get someone to drop their prices are to tell them 'no.' second, without having a set of proper processes and the experience to know what you're getting, you might be losing out financially. you need to learn how much you SHOULD BE paying for your stock pile, and the only way to do that, is to make a few runs, and learn what you can get out of certain materials.

good things come to those who ... are patient. :) good luck, sir.

Back