Merged Topics on Ceramic CPU Recovery with Yields

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Material..
1 pound sodium nitrate
1 lb Hcl
water.

first I dissolve sodium nitrate in enough hot water..
add 4 lb mix cpu
and 1 lb Hcl..

it is not work what is my wrong Ty

it is solve little but not clear all cpu pin. what can I make clear all pins? more sodium nitrate ? or HCL? TY

One of you guys that use this process offer him some guidance. I would, but I am not familiar with the process.

Harold

really this very hard.

I add urea some but have bubble in bottle.. I think I don't clear nitric. :cry: :cry: :cry: :?:

I have seen other posts where they say to add HCl to nitrates to make some kind of poor mans AR. I thought people were just confused, but I saw it a few times so I wasn't sure myself if HCl + nitrates actually makes AR.
I always thought sulfuric acid was the only thing that displaced the nitrate ions in order to make nitric and thus make AR.

So, if I were you, I'd add a bit of sulfuric acid to release some free nitrates.
(or wait until someone else says something)

Well. I can't help. I don't know of any way to dissolve just gold and no base metals. (Other than direct chlorination -which I've only read about and never tried)

I am confused by the 1lb HCL, it is usually in liquid measure ie, liter, and it already contains the water you need.

jim

Attachments

• electrowin907.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
:D look it's not work and I add some nitrate and hcl But not measure.. now I have very dark AR and

Admin: Attachement removed, Copyright Violation.

Spoke,

You are using the poor mans AR recipe.

The document you posted is a variation of Steve Spevaks, using his photos and most of his verbiage. It's not the original and is missing some information.

Here's how I proceed with Poor man's AR:

1. Remove lids (top and bottom) from ceramic cpus using MAPP gas or a hammer and center punch applied from the top.
  2. Add broken cpu's into large beaker or coffee pot.
  3. Fill with tap water. Add just enough to cover the cpus.
  4. Add and equal volume of HCl (31.45% approx 10 M) to the amount of water used above.
  5. Place small ceramic saucer on top of pot to prevent vapor from escaping.
  6. Heat to just below boiling.
  7. Add in 1-2 teaspoons of sodium nitrate, use one if processing less than one pound.
  8. Heat on low-medium for 30-45 minutes or until brown fumes and fizzing/tiny bubbles are no longer visible.
  9. If salts form allow to cool completely and pour off dark acid through tight filter and start at step 3 above. Filter may contain gold foils or powder. Rinse any solids back into the reaction vessel. Test saturated acid for dissolved gold with stannous chloride.
  10. Repeat steps 7 and 8 until all metals are dissolved.
  11. Remove ceramic saucer and let the solution evaporate down to 25% of it's original volume, or until salts form. With very carefully controlled nitrate/nitric additions, steps 11-13 can be skipped.
  12. Add fresh HCl to expel nitric as brown vapors.
  13. Repeat steps 11 and 12 two more times.
  14. Dilute with equal volume of tap water or add a 1/4 of the solution volume of ice cubes.
  15. Filter cold through packed funnel under vacuum until 100% free of sediment and suspended particles.
  16. Add Sodium Meta Bisulfite to precipitate gold as brown powder.
  17. Let settle and siphon liquid off brown powder.
  18. Add enough water to cover brown powder and stir throughly.
  19. Repeat steps 17 and 18 two more times.
  20. Add enough HCl (32% 10M muriatic acid) to cover brown powder.
  21. Boil HCl with brown powder until color of HCl no longer darkens.
  22. Pour off the dirty HCl and repeat steps 20 and 21 until HCl no longer discolors. Test HCl washes for dissolved gold with stannous chloride.
  23. Slowly dry gold in beaker by shaking beaker over medium heat until the gold powder moves freely about the beaker it's was precipitated in.
  24. Transfer brown powder melting dish and heat to red heat (incinerate) DO NOT MELT!!!
  25. Transfer incinerated powder to beaker and repeat process steps 3 to 23 on the brown powder.
  26. Prepare melting dish as shown on my website melting videos.
  27. Melt dry gold powder in properly prepared melting dish.

The lids and ceramic housings will need to be processed to get the remaining gold from the cpus.

The lids strip very well using the sulfuric cell shown on my website.

The cores will need to be crushed to 1/8 mesh pieces and leached with hot AR or HCl-Cl to get to the final trace of gold trapped inside the ceramic.

I don't know of a way to get the gold without touching the base metals, perhaps a 1% sodium cyanide leech.

Steve

Ty steve
But realyy I confused.. Now

I have very dark AR..
I am adding sodium meta bisulfate in it is not go down .. if that is have missing then I dont understand good.
And I was get this documnet on this site..

my problems bottle top and bottle bottom same dark green..
I think Problem SMB it is not drop powder

Spoke,

Read item 14 carefully on my list above.

Check the spelling of your 'SMB' verses mine.

You are using 'bisulfate', I'm referring to 'bisulfite'

Steve

I think it is bisulfite shop assistannt say me bisulfite maybe
but I am not sure... maybe I use samll? I use 30 gr for 4 lt AR

steve

I watch http://www.goldrecovery.us/goldrecovery/videos/smb.asp
Your video I waiting same reaction ?

The reaction is shown on the video.

If you are using sodium metabisulfate, you will not see a reaction. must be sodium metabisulfite.

Steve

Spoke,

From the photos it appears as though you have lots of iron in the solution. The yellow green tint of the liquid along with the brown material looks a lot like iron to me.

What exactly did you dissolve?

Did you filter the solution 100% clear before adding any metabisulfite?

Steve

Back