Meteorite Discussion

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of my most interesting meteorite candidates...

It's at most 3 to 4 centimeters in length and perhaps 1 centimeter in width, with it's Z axis wrapping up at around .5 centimeters max...

It's magnetically attracted, has a clearly identifiable and super fresh metallic fusion crust on its exterior while just millimeters below that burnt and melted surface a form of what appears to be iron rust stained (possibly mega- Lonsdalite variants) crystals that obviously possess super conductive and super high refractory qualities even when exposed to super-heated, molten red irons, nickels, and PGE factors are present.

Diamond, an elementally pure form of carbon (an element all life on this planet possesses as part of it's created nature,) has remarkable qualities of this nature, and is only found to exist on Earth's surface through magmatic means, whether it's by fissures that reach far down through the crust and are anchored to Earth's mantle, and when tectonic forces strike at the heart of two tectonic subduction plates. the one possessing the oldest magmatic links to earths mantle is what buffers the planet from the more violent erruptions that could occur with every magmatic discussion or symposium (lol... 🤣😂) In the form of a Lamproite dike or column that cracks the earth apart violently, leaving behind an impervious blade of hard mantiferous intrusive igneous rock, possessing a highly refractory core, known as Kimberlite and shaped like a funnel that goes down deep into the roots of the crust, and is filled with xenoliths made of xenocryst (names given to mantle originated minerals found within these Kimberlite funnels...

Diamonds, corrundum, garnets, zircons, beryls, and pyroxenes (olivine, peridot), tourmalines, topazes, and
Well defined and remarkably clear quartz crystals all make up a list of xenocryst type mineral.

Lonsdaleite is an extraterrestrial form of diamond, however it's crystalline structure is more complex than diamond and is 58% harder than diamond.

Therefore it is my foregone conclusion that this small mineral oddity that apparently possesses super-unique characteristics is a very good candidate for being a legitimate meteorite...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1666430736853.jpg
    FB_IMG_1666430736853.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG20221022115622__01.jpg
    IMG20221022115622__01.jpg
    465 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG20221022115822__01.jpg
    IMG20221022115822__01.jpg
    986.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG20221022120336__01.jpg
    IMG20221022120336__01.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This is one of my most interesting meteorite candidates...

It's at most 3 to 4 centimeters in length and perhaps 1 centimeter in width, with it's Z axis wrapping up at around .5 centimeters max...

It's magnetically attracted, has a clearly identifiable and super fresh metallic fusion crust on its exterior while just millimeters below that burnt and melted surface a form of what appears to be iron rust stained (possibly mega- Lonsdalite variants) crystals that obviously possess super conductive and super high refractory qualities even when exposed to super-heated, molten red irons, nickels, and PGE factors are present.

Diamond, an elementally pure form of carbon (an element all life on this planet possesses as part of it's created nature,) has remarkable qualities of this nature, and is only found to exist on Earth's surface through magmatic means, whether it's by fissures that reach far down through the crust and are anchored to Earth's mantle, and when tectonic forces strike at the heart of two tectonic subduction plates. the one possessing the oldest magmatic links to earths mantle is what buffers the planet from the more violent erruptions that could occur with every magmatic discussion or symposium (lol... 🤣😂) In the form of a Lamproite dike or column that cracks the earth apart violently, leaving behind an impervious blade of hard mantiferous intrusive igneous rock, possessing a highly refractory core, known as Kimberlite and shaped like a funnel that goes down deep into the roots of the crust, and is filled with xenoliths made of xenocryst (names given to mantle originated minerals found within these Kimberlite funnels...

Diamonds, corrundum, garnets, zircons, beryls, and pyroxenes (olivine, peridot), tourmalines, topazes, and
Well defined and remarkably clear quartz crystals all make up a list of xenocryst type

And now some of my possible specimen discoveries of a previously unknown meteorite strewn field...

In meteoritic terms, what's known as a strewn field is literally a directional multi,-impact zone that was subjected to multiple, multiple small impacts from hot, mineral based debris raining down from Earth's atmosphere after a sizable meteorite is subjected to intense heat and pressure from entering and traversing through 3 densely packed and ionically charged particle layers that literally cook the rock from the inside out, at temperatures only found upon our suns surface (what is known as Ionosphere layers... supercharged ion layers found at random locations within the Stratosphere, Thermosphere, and Mesosphere). The meteorite goes through all of this pulling and tugging, heating and cooling, heating and cooling...When it reaches the troposphere it is hit with weather anomalous forces, which include pressures, temperatures, and oxidizing oxygen's along with a super cold drop from temperatures hot enough to keep it a glowing dark red in illuminous color to becoming a cold, dull black to light grey rock (depending on metallurgic impurity factors)(if it survived this thermalnuclear shock)

These meteorite candidates would be known as Carbonaceous Chondrites if tested and authenticated

Attachments

• IMG20221012174719.jpg
    IMG20221012174719.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20221012175417__01.jpg
    IMG20221012175417__01.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20221012175251__01.jpg
    IMG20221012175251__01.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20221012175214__01.jpg
    IMG20221012175214__01.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20221012174632__01.jpg
    IMG20221012174632__01.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20221012180932__01.jpg
    IMG20221012180932__01.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Yes, all specimens shown have been given intensified examinations provided through FREE educational means that enable the possessor to accurately compile prediction variables from a series of well established identifiers on record (fusion crust, regmaglypts, "lips", "thumb prints", melt flow pattern lines, an oriented axis that ultimately should produce a sizeable connically shaped forward extension of the meteorite) and have all passed these examinations.

Next up... Twisting a labs arm to perform a low cost metallilurgical analysis that will determine actual factors, no matter how off kilter they are, that verifies the mineral as an extraterrestrial one.

Everything will fall into place at that point, all that's left to do is report on an extended physical survey of my newly discovered strewn field parameters (A grant from NASA's Goddard division would take care of the cost), in order to provide an accurate report within the publication released for peer review that is given a title section possessing me as it's co-author...

SELLING YOUR VERIFIED SPECIMENS AS AUTHENTICATED METEORITES ONLINE....

This part about meteorites sets them apart from the rest...

Some meteorite specimens sell for several hundred dollars PER GRAM!!...

LETS WISH gold could be as giving !!.... 😁🤣😂

below is a detail map pulled off of Google Earth that possesses the GPS coordinates of my funds related to this strewn field. Larger dots represent multiple discoveries for that location.. and another shot of possible megacryst Lonsdaleite...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-19-15-54-58-36_4937eb900e197f95da98f502ddfb10e1~3.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-19-15-54-58-36_4937eb900e197f95da98f502ddfb10e1~3.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2022-10-22-02-26-43-21_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-22-02-26-43-21_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 0
These meteorite candidates would be known as Carbonaceous Chondrites if tested and authenticated
The point here is: If tested and authenticated, until that it is just Rocks.
There are to my knowledge ONE major factor to the break up of meteorites before impact, friction all the other affects are at best insignificant if they even exist.
The frictional shock wave in front of the meteorite would evaporate any ice or rain in its path, so cooling is no factor.
Heating from the -150 C or more from space coupled with the rapid heating from the friction may break it up.
There are to my knowledge no large crystals on meteorites like you see in some of your rocks
and those are atypical from anything coming from space.
They will be abraded/polished super heated surface, without a rough protruding exterior like you are showing in your pictures.

So until tested they are rocks, no more no less.

Yes, all specimens shown have been given intensified examinations provided through FREE educational means that enable the possessor to accurately compile prediction variables from a series of well established identifiers on record (fusion crust, regmaglypts, "lips", "thumb prints", melt flow pattern lines, an oriented axis that ultimately should produce a sizeable connically shaped forward extension of the meteorite) and have all passed these examinations.

Next up... Twisting a labs arm to perform a low cost metallilurgical analysis that will determine actual factors, no matter how off kilter they are, that verifies the mineral as an extraterrestrial one.

Everything will fall into place at that point, all that's left to do is report on an extended physical survey of my newly discovered strewn field parameters (A grant from NASA's Goddard division would take care of the cost), in order to provide an accurate report within the publication released for peer review that is given a title section possessing me as it's co-author...

SELLING YOUR VERIFIED SPECIMENS AS AUTHENTICATED METEORITES ONLINE....

This part about meteorites sets them apart from the rest...

Some meteorite specimens sell for several hundred dollars PER GRAM!!...

LETS WISH gold could be as giving !!.... 😁🤣😂

below is a detail map pulled off of Google Earth that possesses the GPS coordinates of my funds related to this strewn field. Larger dots represent multiple discoveries for that location.. and another shot of possible megacryst Lonsdaleite...
Tha larges Lonsdaleite crystal found to this date, is few microns thick, so it is much thinner than a hair, so you can not see them without a microscope.

Hey there Yggdrasil!

"There are to my knowledge no large crystals on meteorites like you see in some of your rocks"

Well if you've ever heard of a "Pallasite":meteorite (a gorgeous form of meteorite usually possessing pyroxene form minerals like olivine, and peridot but have been found in the same format as possessing diamonds as well) you would most likely have a salvage right for that statement 😂

Tha larges Lonsdaleite crystal found to this date, is few microns thick, so it is much thinner than a hair, so you can not see them without a microscope.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. Well ... I dont know, Yggdrisil. Perhaps not lonsdaleite from this dimension then!!

It zipped through a black hole and was squirted out into this dimension and now it's been discovered that lonsdaleite was lying to us all along !! 😁😂🤣

Most likely a different mineral all together then. Here's the dilemma:

The mineral specimen is super tiny lol. How I found an oddity of this nature out in the middle of it is stuff I'm actually legendary for, at least with regards terrestrial minerals.

This rock possesses some form of magnetically attracted material that strongly resembles a fresh, crumbled char bit from a piece of steak grissle that fell off into the fire, with an iron-stained crystalline form of super shiney, almost glassy mineral that, as of yet, I cannot identify IMG20221022205336__01.jpgfrom it's crystalline axial pattern.

Attachments

• IMG20221022204906__01.jpg
    IMG20221022204906__01.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20221022205330.jpg
    IMG20221022205330.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20221010171628__01.jpg
    IMG20221010171628__01.jpg
    668.8 KB · Views: 0
Richard,

Glad to hear you're still kicking the dirt around. I like your idea about a meteorite forum.

Peace and health,
James
Thanks James...

It's really good to acquaint myself with all the originals again... Remembering when I introduced myself more than a decade ago and how much the membership here helped me grow in understanding, which will never cease for this new dog to old tricks (lol...)

I'm currently attempting to learn detecting as well picked up a Minelab Xtera705 for cheap beginning of this year. Thing is way complicated for this mind to wrap itself around yet, but calculus with anylitical geometry was once like that for me as well...

Hey there Yggdrasil!

"There are to my knowledge no large crystals on meteorites like you see in some of your rocks"

Well if you've ever heard of a "Pallasite":meteorite (a gorgeous form of meteorite usually possessing pyroxene form minerals like olivine, and peridot but have been found in the same format as possessing diamonds as well) you would most likely have a salvage right for that statement 😂

Yeah, I'm aware of that. Well ... I dont know, Yggdrisil. Perhaps not lonsdaleite from this dimension then!!

It zipped through a black hole and was squirted out into this dimension and now it's been discovered that lonsdaleite was lying to us all along !! 😁😂🤣

The mineral specimen is super tiny lol. How I found an oddity of this nature out in the middle of it is stuff I'm actually legendary for, at least with regards terrestrial minerals.

This rock possesses some form of magnetically attracted material that strongly resembles a fresh, crumbled char bit from a piece of steak grissle that fell off into the fire, with an iron-stained crystalline form of super shiney, almost glassy mineral that, as of yet, I cannot identify View attachment 53694from it's crystalline axial pattern.
This one has large quartz crystals, and no hallmark of being subjected to the heat and friction of atmospheric entry.
No slick melted/heated surface, just a nice rock.

What I say is, it might be wise to wait with the claims until you have the result of the tests.

Hey there Yggdrasil!

This rock possesses some form of magnetically attracted material that strongly resembles a fresh, crumbled char bit from a piece of steak grissle that fell off into the fire, with an iron-stained crystalline form of super shiney, almost glassy mineral that, as of yet, I cannot identify View attachment 53694from it's crystalline axial pattern.
I can pick up rock that look just like this all day long when out hiking here in Grant County Oregon

I don't see anything "special" here

Kurt

For those who are interested in learning more about meteorites (especially from a visual standpoint), I would suggest subscribing to the following list:

https://pairlist2.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/meteorite-list
If subscribed, you will receive daily MPODs (Meteorite Picture of the Day). These daily pictures (with technical information) have been invaluable to me and my continuing education regarding meteorites and their mineralogy.

http://www.tucsonmeteorites.com/mpod.asp?xx=1&mm=12&yy=3022
I'm not trying to suggest that Richard's idea isn't a good one, I'm only sharing an existing internet source that has helped me.

Happy voyage!
James

None of the images posted on this thread by darkspARCS has any visible characteristics of meteorites. All are terrestrial in origin.

Time for more coffee.

To be clear here, I never stated these specimens I've shown were meteorites, I've stated that they, all of them (including the one that is said to be quartz) have "tested" (perhaps I should have used a different manner of technicality wording in expressing my meaning (hey, there's a new catch phrase for you, "technicality wording"...). "Upon a comparison to accepted meteoritic visual identifiers with said specimen..."), When perhaps I should have been more clear by saying "upon a comparison examination of said specimens with established visual and compositional property methods"

Nothing is truly known until a specimen is properly dissected in the lab.IMG20221227130336__01.jpg

None of the images posted on this thread by darkspARCS has any visible characteristics of meteorites. All are terrestrial in origin.

Time for more coffee.0
Ok... Galenrog, here's another rock for you to make your experienced claims upon, which happens to be a specimen collected by me from the same area all those 'terrestrial' rocks I posted earlier came from. True...

IMG20221011090255__01.jpg
(Yeah, I know. It's not polished or etched... YET )

This rock may be hematite (as magnetite is literally a form of polarized iron oxide that acts as a magnet, which this material does not, but is however magnetically attrlacted), yet hematite is known to be inert magnetically.

So, how do you proceed to explain this? Perhaps because it's still in transition from being actual iron and nickel to the oxides of such... Because this strewn field Im investigating is ANCIENT... and it is WEATHERED... didn't think of that one, did you Mr. Coffee?...

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE !!

Do you notice the Highly Shattered PYROXENE crystal that's embedded within it?

Pyroxene doesn't WEATHER as well as Iron and nickel does in an oxygen-rich environment, so it remains identifiable yet... What on earth could have shattered that rather hard mineral? So hard mind you, as to rather efficiently almost powder the exposed surface at the time of impact yet remain strong enough to support the internal crystal structure so well, it can be identified as a green pyroxene and not a piece of quartz.

It was the detonation of that meteorite atmospherically, and then it's actual impact upon the earth, that created that unique form the pyroxene exists as...

Logical, isn't it?...

So, what we are most likely looking at here is an ANCIENT piece of meteorite that originally existed as an iron-nickel FRAGMENT that's part of a larger body of FRAGMENTS that are forming up (as MY investigations have been revealing) into a STREWN FIELD configuration.... As the map containing the red dots reveals. These are the GPS locations of my finds. Interesting pattern of discovery there, wouldn't you at least agree to that?...
Meadview Meteorites.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, in my opinion, the item above has no visible characteristics of meteorites.

Evidence, such as a written opinion by an established meteorite research lab could persuade me. The images you have provided, however, do not.

Time for more coffee.

Back