More help

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The 420 Kid

Okay so I made a bunch of chlorides and then I got impatient and didn't wait for it to turn to salt and just started heating it until it started melting it popped everywhere all that good stuff the problem was I forgot to re ionize the gold with HCL and I was just wondering after melting if there's a way to re ionize it or do I have to crush it ionize it and restart?

Have you tried an angle grinder?

Salt is a chloride. Sodium chloride to be exact. auric chloride is a salt... silver chloride is a salt... No need to wait for it to turn to a salt. You don't speak any language spoken here on the GRF. Please read: https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/a-glossary-of-common-terms.23400/
And, chlorides can not be crushed or re-ionized?

That good stuff is probably very toxic. what do yo mean? that it contains gold?

Your post indicates to me you have much to learn, and very little you should be doing.

Please accept my apologies but I have no clue what you are talking about. Have you followed any suggestions given to you here to figure out what you have?
Okay so I was watching a video and it said that after you make your chloride crystals to put it in HCL to absorb it and then re ionize it and then to drop it with SMB but I'm using vitamin c. However I skipped the whole set of putting it in any solution once I drive the chlorides and I didn't even try most of them I just started burning the liquid until it dried itself up and kept burning it until it turned into a solid. I didn't bother to drop anything which I think was a mistake. However after redoing it the right way it seems to go to ions went back where they were supposed to and formed what it was supposed to form. Although I'm still having trouble I can either get the copper out or I can get the iron out but I can't seem to get both out. Although all I have to work with right now is vinegar salt citric acid vitamin c and bleach.

Okay so I was watching a video (1) and it said that after you make your chloride crystals to put it in HCL to absorb it and then re ionize it and then to drop it with SMB but I'm using vitamin c. However I skipped the whole set of putting it in any solution (2) once I drive the chlorides and I didn't even try most of them I just started burning the liquid (3) until it dried itself up and kept burning it until it turned into a solid. I didn't bother to drop anything (4) which I think was a mistake. However after redoing it the right way it seems to go to ions went back where they were supposed to and formed what it was supposed to form. Although I'm still having trouble (5) I can either get the copper out or I can get the iron out but I can't seem to get both out. Although all I have to work with right now is vinegar salt citric acid vitamin c and bleach.(6)
Hi,

(1) Youtube will have you be killed, it is your enemy(If you don`t understand what you are watching)!!
(2) You didn`t even follow what was in the video, why are you expecting the same results?
(3) Nice, you will manage not only to poison yourself, but poison the whole neighbourhood!
(4) You didn`t bother to do a lot of things, like your safety, your knlowledge about what you were doing and so on!
(5) Yes you have, so stop doing things you don`t understand and start studying!!!
(6) Leave those chemicals alone, start studying and dont be impatient. Everything will be clear when you will posess the necessary knowledge to do recovery and refining!

Sorry for sounding harsh, but you will kill yourself just by mixing stuff with chemicals, resulting in coumpounds with high toxicity, that you are not even aware!!

Put everything away!

Download Hoke`s book,
then read it a few time until you understand the processes!
Visit the safety section of this forum!
Search for "Dealing with waste"

Pete

Last edited:
Okay so I was watching a video and it said that after you make your chloride crystals to put it in HCL to absorb it and then re ionize it and then to drop it with SMB but I'm using vitamin c. However I skipped the whole set of putting it in any solution once I drive the chlorides and I didn't even try most of them I just started burning the liquid until it dried itself up and kept burning it until it turned into a solid. I didn't bother to drop anything which I think was a mistake. However after redoing it the right way it seems to go to ions went back where they were supposed to and formed what it was supposed to form. Although I'm still having trouble I can either get the copper out or I can get the iron out but I can't seem to get both out. Although all I have to work with right now is vinegar salt citric acid vitamin c and bleach.
What goldman said.

You still don't speak GRF. You burn chlorides to a solid?
You drop something from a solid with vitamin C? or did not bother to precipitate anything, why not?
Putting things in a (any) solution is something completely different than putting something 'in solution'.

You need to precipitate yourself back down to earth.

However after redoing it the right way it seems to go to ions went back where they were supposed to and formed what it was supposed to form.
??? correct terminology, grammar and punctuation will help us decipher what on earth your'e saying here.
You're on a path of possible disaster. Turn back.

What goldman said.

You still don't speak GRF. You burn chlorides to a solid?
You drop something from a solid with vitamin C? or did not bother to precipitate anything, why not?
Putting things in a (any) solution is something completely different than putting something 'in solution'.

You need to precipitate yourself back down to earth.

??? correct terminology, grammar and punctuation will help us decipher what on earth your'e saying here.
You're on a path of possible disaster. Turn back.
Okay obviously I'm not very good at articulating myself. With that said first I took hydrochloric acid and bleach and pressurized it with ore inside. Then I applied heat and stirred it every once in awhile I did this for about a week. Then I filtered the solution. After filtering the solution I then had two options one to dehydrate it to grow crystals, or number two which is what I did just to do it I took a torch to the liquid and burnt it until all evaporated and became a solid. If I would have evaporated it to grow the crystals then after that I would have added those crystals to hydrochloric acid let it dissolve after which I would have dropped the gold with SMB but I did not go that route I cut out the slow dehydration. And crystal growing and just basically boiled it from the top down. And in doing so I was wondering if I may have messed up due to the fact that the hydrochloric acid re ionizes the gold atoms as it drops from my understanding. Or am I wrong and burning it out the way I did is just fine?

Have you tried an angle grinder?

Salt is a chloride. Sodium chloride to be exact. auric chloride is a salt... silver chloride is a salt... No need to wait for it to turn to a salt. You don't speak any language spoken here on the GRF. Please read: https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/a-glossary-of-common-terms.23400/
And, chlorides can not be crushed or re-ionized?

That good stuff is probably very toxic. what do yo mean? that it contains gold?

Your post indicates to me you have much to learn, and very little you should be doing.
I never crushed any chlorides that's not what I meant to say sorry I got to stop using talk to text when I do this. And gold chloride in liquid form is not a salt you have to dehydrate it to make it a salt you have to grow the crystals. What I was meaning asking is that that moment when you decide to grow the crystals if you just instead of putting on a brown bowling app if you take a flame and boil it from the top down can you do that rather than waiting to grow the crystals and putting it in hydrochloric acid. Furthermore I do not wish to know the terminology I'm sorry I asked for help not guidance when I started this this is not something I want to do it's just something that was stumbled upon it is real I'm just going to take some up to Mount Baker mining and put all this to rest. Honestly it's exhausting I don't know why anyone does it. Maybe scrap metal is different I don't know I hope to never find out but I know ore is insufferable.

Why are you evaporating to the point of crystallizing your solution? AR is pretty straight forward. Dissolve your material, denox any remaining nitric, drop your gold.

This isn’t an approval of using AR on unknown ore’s. The correct way for ore is have it assayed, use the assay to determine the best recovery method and follow the protocols for your specific ore. Visiting Mount Baker sounds like the best idea you have had concerning the materials you have.

Good Luck, please let us know how it turns out.

And gold chloride in liquid form is not a salt
Yes it is.

Salts can be in solution as soluble salts and as insoluble salts, eighter wet or dry.
By burning salts you can evaporate values. You can also release toxic gases that can kill you.

Look, if you won't even boher to type what you mean to say or at least read if it makes any sence before hitting post, you should stop and go do something else.
You need to speak a language that we all speak and understand.
If you don't, you are putting yourself and others in danger.

writinglongtekstswithoutanypunctuationmakespeopleskipyourpostasitisjusttohardtoread.

Finally, we have not yet established if you actually have 'Ore' all we've seen was rocks.

some definitions:
Ore: Ore is natural rock or sediment that contains one or more valuable minerals concentrated above background levels, typically containing metals, that can be mined, treated and sold at a profit.

With the last word saving it all. At a profit. Nearly all rocks contain values. Just not enough. Or to high risks involved with recovery.
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ore

Salt: In chemistry, a salt or ionic compound is a chemical compound consisting of an ionic assembly of positively charged cations and negatively charged anions,[1] which results in a neutral compound with no net electric charge. The constituent ions are held together by electrostatic forces termed ionic bonds. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_(chemistry)

No room for errors in chemistry. Get use to it or do something else.

Jason will be the best option for you i think.

Hi,

(1) Youtube will have you be killed, it is your enemy(If you don`t understand what you are watching)!!
(2) You didn`t even follow what was in the video, why are you expecting the same results?
(3) Nice, you will manage not only to poison yourself, but poison the whole neighbourhood!
(4) You didn`t bother to do a lot of things, like your safety, your knlowledge about what you were doing and so on!
(5) Yes you have, so stop doing things you don`t understand and start studying!!!
(6) Leave those chemicals alone, start studying and dont be impatient. Everything will be clear when you will posess the necessary knowledge to do recovery and refining!

Sorry for sounding harsh, but you will kill yourself just by mixing stuff with chemicals, resulting in coumpounds with high toxicity, that you are not even aware!!

Put everything away!

Download Hoke`s book,
then read it a few time until you understand the processes!
Visit the safety section of this forum!
Search for "Dealing with waste"

Pete
Like chlorine gas yes I know

Please accept my apologies but I have no clue what you are talking about. Have you followed any suggestions given to you here to figure out what you have?
I understand. No worries I finally figured everything out. Thank you for all the help that was offered. The guidance was very scholarly if nothing else. I will post my finished product of perfection as soon as I secure a new device.

Latest posts

Back