Motorola transistors.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anarxi

Has anyone processed these?How many milligrams can you get from one piece

Attachments

• 164731545 (1) (2).jpg
    164731545 (1) (2).jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 0
I doubt anyone has processed those and recorded yield info down to the milligram...Is that ALL you have? That is not enough material to begin any kind of process with, keeping searching and saving.

I doubt anyone has processed those and recorded yield info down to the milligram...Is that ALL you have? That is not enough material to begin any kind of process with, keeping searching and saving.
Naturally, these transistors will not be sad alone in my glass of aqua regia...
:)
I bought them at an auction along with other parts.
however, other parts are Soviet and their productivity is known, you can look it up in a directory or look at the price lists for purchasing radio components.
Motorola is a rare guest in my country and data on it is not publicly available.

Naturally, these transistors will not be sad alone in my glass of aqua regia...
:)
I bought them at an auction along with other parts.
however, other parts are Soviet and their productivity is known, you can look it up in a directory or look at the price lists for purchasing radio components.
Motorola is a rare guest in my country and data on it is not publicly available.

The heat spreaders will take a lot of acid to dissolve them.

Our acids are cheap...
5 liters of nitric and 5 liters of hydrochloric acids, with delivery to me will cost about $20

Our acids are cheap...
5 liters of nitric and 5 liters of hydrochloric acids, with delivery to me will cost about $20
That would be wonderful. If I had that kind of cost basis for acids, and I had a bunch of those Motorola transistors, I would drop them all in AR and precipitate with ferrous sulfate. But that's just me. If they are from the 60's or 70's, they are well worth the effort and cost.

Latest posts

Back