Mount baker mining shaker table vs micron mill wave table

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone used both of these tables for recovering gold from ore?
I currently have the wave table, and I’m thinking about switching the the mbmm shaker table. As long as it has an acceptable level of loss, I think the shaker table would be better. Less labor involved in getting a smelt able product.
But % of recovery is top priority.
I read the post on the set up in Florida, and like the website videos show, the equipment looks very well built.

Thanks for any feedback!
Chat with Jason at MBMMLLC or watch his videos on You Tube.

For more information please contact:
Phone: 360-595-4445
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: www.facebook.com/MBMMLLC

Hey guys, has anyone had experience purchasing from MBMMLLC recently? I'm starting to see a few red flags, hopefully all is good there.

Allow me to tell you. The wave table is not a finishing table, it is made for fine, fine gold that is virtually impossible to save in the pan. Even after you use it there is still a problem to separate that balance of the black sand from the fine gold. Meanwhile, the Wifley or Deister table(and I have owned all three of them) two are professional tables while the Wave table does work but is closer to a joke then a serious piece of equipment. In fifty years of mining gold, I have never see one person become successful by using a Wave Table. Meanwhile the Wifley and Deister design tables are superior. Both of them have been copied for the past 100 years because they could work well if set up properly. However, is you have lots of fine gold you should use Gemeni Table for a finisher. Nothing is better then a Gemeni for a finisher.
I agree with what you say on the tables. You see wave tables for sale all the time ,not many of the good tables. Mnt baker equipment is awesome just $$

I did a post on setting up a table in my thread Further Things Which May Be Of Interest to Members.
That summarised what I learned in 40 years of practice in commercial tabling.
My experience with wave tables is that they are a useful test unit to see if free gold is present but they are definitely not for large scale use.
The best practical surface on a table is matt white paint on marine plywood. Worth trying various paints as manufacturers have different ideas on what matt actually is.
Gemini tables are really good for putting high throughput rates on a table but have large fines losses. This is not a problem when treating milled ore where the table tails go into a CIP plant, you are after a table concentrate which has all of the coarser gold and sulfides, this con is treated separately in its own leach circuit.
Deano

Has anyone used both of these tables for recovering gold from ore?
I currently have the wave table, and I’m thinking about switching the the mbmm shaker table. As long as it has an acceptable level of loss, I think the shaker table would be better. Less labor involved in getting a smelt able product.
But % of recovery is top priority.
I read the post on the set up in Florida, and like the website videos show, the equipment looks very well built.

Thanks for any feedback!
We have both tables in our facility. They serve different purposes. A bump table (Micron Wave Table) is not a through put design and is not intended for bulk ore processing. But it does do a good job of separating heavier particles from the lighter materials. (especially when there is a uniform crush size of the ore).

The MBMM shaker table is our primary gravity separation concentrator for gold and PGMs. We find it to be very effective on particles down to 400 mesh. Once again,that is, when there is a uniform crush size of the ore being ran on it. We run several different types of ore from our mines and our crush size varies from 35 minus to under 200 minus. We typically are getting around 92 to 95% recovery of super fines (200 to 400-)

In ore that contains extremely large percentages of sulfides we have had to slow down our feed rate and run a second separation run of the middlings and sometimes the Number 2 port cons to get a good separation and higher percentage of heavies in our final cons.

The shaker table is very adjustable as far as water flow goes and that is a critical consideration when separating heavy particles of precious metal from the lighter gaunge materials. (You can speed it up for your initial production run and slow it down to separate concentrates in a second run.) Overall, it is one of the best tables on the market. However, with a starting price around $14,000.00 this is a professional use piece of equipment and not recommended for the average hobbyist or part timer.

MBMM has several good videos on the uses of their table on their YouTube channel. I recommend watching them all and if you have a chance go see one in action in real life. If you use it correctly it is a great table.

We have several videos showing our table in action. They are available to the public on our Western Mining Holdings FB page.

We have no problem recommending these table to anybody as they are well built and well designed.

Good Luck!

Back