My experimental calcs on buying Escrap from online sellers

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there Nevadans Im in vegas! I need advice on buying those pre melted compuer scrap blocks or bars and taking them to Elemetal here in town for refining. Is that worth it? Can you advise on ebay sellers you have used? What is the purity of those melted compouer ram chip prongs, etc?
Don't! it's a scam!
There is no gold.
Elemetal may not even bother to assay it.

Why would anyone sell scrap over internet when almost every scrap dealer knows the value of E-waste?
Look for scrap buyers on the internet and look at what the give for certain e-waste.

Because on the internet you can't see the product and they can present it as something high value, seed the top with shiny items and suckers fall for it.

All molten computer pin "golden bars" are a scam! each and every one them.
Never buy any of it and report each seller as a scammer to the platform they are on.

No e-waste seller on Ebay or any internet site is real! they only sell it there to scam people.
Ebay does not seem to care and keeps facilitating these scams to take place, but obviously, as long as they're making money, they're happy and don't care people get scammed and then start polluting the environment with chemicals as they try to find gold that is not there.

Thanks E-bay for contributing to polluting our beautiful planet!

I hope they will be held responsible one day!
What was their sustainability standpoint again?

Hey there Nevadans Im in vegas! I need advice on buying those pre melted compuer scrap blocks or bars and taking them to Elemetal here in town for refining. Is that worth it? Can you advise on ebay sellers you have used? What is the purity of those melted compouer ram chip prongs, etc?
No these pre-melted e-scrap blocks are not worth anything, it will cost way more to process them than there is Gold in them.

Sorry, where is my manners.
Welcome to us, but these blocks are as Martijn said almost guaranteed, scam.

I’ll weigh in on this. I bought 40 LBs of processors on eBay and only recovered 4 grams. It turned out the lands had been mixed with tungsten. Good luck with that website!

Back