My first Au Cl with pic :) !

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a way to start the newyear than with my first Au Cl solution.
These are pins from the smart card area of cable boxes 600 to 800 of them.
Did not weigh b4 as this was to go through the process.Gold would be a bonus.
twice the volume than first started due to water spray down.
Within 5 minutes the foils went into solution.
Right now I'm doing the SMB step and alreay is mostly clear with some sort of light brown substance showing up at the bottom. 8)
pic of that tomorrow...
Text book of Steve's video.
Thank you Steve!

Attachments

• Billsliquidgold480.jpg
    Billsliquidgold480.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 442
Heaven's Pavement said:
What a way to start the newyear than with my first Au Cl solution.
These are pins from the smart card area of cable boxes 600 to 800 of them.
Did not weigh b4 as this was to go through the process.Gold would be a bonus.
twice the volume than first started due to water spray down.
Within 5 minutes the foils went into solution.
Right now I'm doing the SMB step and alreay is mostly clear with some sort of light brown substance showing up at the bottom. 8)
pic of that tomorrow...
Text book of Steve's video.
Thank you Steve!
know mi first batch dint come out that good sinc its the first time an im still wondering on au cl i must be doing something wrong here are some pic

Attachments

• SDC11745.JPG
    SDC11745.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 336
To me it looks like you have copper still in your solution. Did you rinse foils properly before adding them to fresh HCl/Cl?

patnor1011 said:
To me it looks like you have copper still in your solution. Did you rinse foils properly before adding them to fresh HCl/Cl?
rinse 3 times with HCL anpuld mi foil out to dry after the dry AU CL MY FOILS disolved everything it turn out tis way when i add SMB i think im doing something wrong in the prosse of adding smb 8)

lala14, next time whan you wash the foils,

start with 3X of water (you might want to do the first water rinse with boiling water to rid of any lead that might be in there)
continue with 2x HCL washs on low/medium heat, these rinses will probably be golden/yellow colord, most likly it's copper, but you should test it anyway.
the thired rinse do in room temp' and leave to sit for 30-60 minuts.
siphon.

then HCL+Cl.

about your current batce, what does the test say?

I would be very careful about putting glass, even good Pyrex directly on the burner. It creates hot spots , thus strains in the glass that could cause the beaker to shatter without warning. Hot AR can make a big mess even nastier.

Irons said:
I would be very careful about putting glass, even good Pyrex directly on the burner. It creates hot spots , thus strains in the glass that could cause the beaker to shatter without warning. Hot AR can make a big mess even nastier.
your are right about that i did all ready brok one by doing this but know im not using this burner this just thir for know :roll:

samuel-a said:

start with 3X of water (you might want to do the first water rinse with boiling water to rid of any lead that might be in there)
continue with 2x HCL washs on low/medium heat, these rinses will probably be golden/yellow colord, most likly it's copper, but you should test it anyway.
siphon.

then HCL+Cl.

:p i dint think of the water thats a god idia :idea: brain storm

lala14 said:
samuel-a said:

siphon.

then HCL+Cl.

:p i dint think of the water thats a god idia :idea: brain storm
hey yall lala14 here just to in form you mi first batch was buster im going to say that everything that looks like gold is not so on mi first batch i wonder after smb were was mi gold dust well it did drop very littel black wish is nothing verry under a gram that i thgt i had wish is 00.001 nothing just to let you all know if you have this problem this is what going to happen all mi finger wer copper that why mi solution look green so not all is gold i feel like an idiot asking were it was well after filter in it i chek with SCL no gold pressent that made me think you know what i need to let this guy know when they incounter a problem like this an weres mi gold well after melted down it was so small almost a speck i lost in the grown somewer lol :lol: thank you for the help

lala14

i'm not sure i undersand what you mean.

a good laboratory pyrex beaker, if heated correctly (slowly) will hold just fine even with direct heat to 100c +-

anyways, i always use a large pickles can with a layer of sand on the bottom to spead the heat evenly to the vessle and limit any mishap that may happend.

good luck

samuel-a said:
lala14

i'm not sure i undersand what you mean.

a good laboratory pyrex beaker, if heated correctly (slowly) will hold just fine even with direct heat to 100c +-

anyways, i always use a large pickles can with a layer of sand on the bottom to spead the heat evenly to the vessle and limit any mishap that may happend.

good luck
samuel-a what happen with the first pyrex i had it in direct flame in hi wen i step out i forgot to lower mi temp to low when came back it was brocken :cry: because thir was no more liquid in it lol i lost thir :lol: but they will break if your not carfull but yea i started doing the sand an a baking pan to make cakes it works better know its a good idia to let know all the newbes here :lol: :p

I used to use a sand bath in a skillet for certain things. Very even heat, especially when you pile up the sand around the beaker. It works great but that sand seems to stick to everything and it gets everywhere, even inside the beaker if you're not careful.

Latest posts

Back