My First Neutral Feedback on Ebay!!!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jimdoc said:
Ebay is supposed to be going to where you can only use paypal to pay for auctions. They are pushing everybody too far as far as I'm concerned.
First they told me I had to upgrade to a business account to receive payments, then they get an extra 2% of your money. So I went to just accepting money orders. Now they have told me I have reached my spending limit ($10,000) even though they get paid every month through the credit card. So now I have no paypal to use to buy, and that being the only option of payment soon, I guess I won't be buying anything from Ebay either. I refuse to give them another credit card (that I don't have)
or my bank numbers. The credit card they get paid with should be plenty.
They are totally ruining one of the best things ever with their greed.
I hope somebody comes up with an alternative soon. Craigslist is cool,
but not as cool as Ebay auctions. Ebay tried buying Craigslist also by buying shares, another sign of their greed.
Jim

While its true that they get a nice chunk of your profits (paypal and ebay both) I don't see where pay pal got you messed up. I have a premier account with them, no monthly charge, and am able to send and receive unlimited amounts of money (theoretically-I dont see myself moving a quarter million in a fiscal year via pay pal) including e-checks and debit/credit. I think your issue may be that A) you've never moved enough via paypal, or B) you let them sell you a raw deal (frankly, I wouldn't put it past them to do so) in the form of a "Business Account".

Good looking out on the Bank Account thing though- its always wiser to do business via credit then it is to do business with a bank account- chargebacks, overdrafts, and their associated fee's tie up to much needed capital when you use a bank account, whereas you can still float capital (within your limit) with a credit card.

As far as E bay goes though, its like a seedy black market to me- I'll take it in small, needed doses only. I've seen people really take people for anything they can get, and this is way more common then the rare "I got a great deal" experience. As far as people who allow themselves to limit their web presence and e-commerce to E bay, I'm sorry for your poor choices and gargantuan profit losses. While starting out there, and perhaps maintaining an existing shop for the sake of customer return, is fine for your average startup, there are other options.

Show of hands now, how many of you have walked into your bank/credit union and inquired about their E-commerce solutions?

I've never had a bad ebay buying experience and I only buy on ebay, never sell.

I've picked up things at ridiculous prices.

I have about 1500 positive feedbacks, with only one negative from a guy
who bought an Tektronix scope from me and he tried telling me he wanted $200 for repairs to it when I sold it as-is. I told him go ahead and leave me the negative because I wasn't letting him rip me off, and he got the scope for $100 anyway. I have only left three negatives for others as a last resort as I would rather just not leave any unless they really deserve a negative. And have only been ripped once on an arcade game part. The guy had perfect feedback and all of a sudden he stopped shipping the items and got a whole bunch of negatives, I figured maybe he died before he could ship the items? If he decided to become a crook shouldn't he have started selling expensive stuff? It didn't make sense.
It was only like $25.

I have got so many great deals, and found things I was looking for that I never would have found without Ebay. That is why I am pissed about the paypal only policy that is supposed to go into effect. They want the 2% of the sales they lose when you use a money order instead of paypal.
I bought my truck off Ebay that I have had since 2001, also a '72 Cutlass conv., a '67 Cutlass Turnpike Cruiser that I still have, a '68 Impala, Muncie transmissions, the transfer case for my truck when that went bad.
Many of the books in my refining library came from Ebay, I think I even found this forum on Ebay. I don't see how they can force people to not take money orders or cash, it just doesn't seem fair to me.
Jim

EBay is stopping cash, check, and money orders, to push people to PayPal. They are doing this because they bought PayPal, that way they can make money on both ends of a transaction.

jimdoc said:
This will work if you don't trust Ebay.

http://www.maconfeedandseed.com/product_info.php/products_id/103

Jim,

What does a 1x purchase amount to? 1 lb?

Jim.

Latest posts

Back