My method for purifying hydrochloric acid for stannous chloride test solution

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now i know where i saw that intro before.
That lady spicing up your video really wasn't enjoying that NOx cloud you exposed her to.
Screenshot_20230801-004103_YouTube.jpg

Also not the best example.. and it's been discussed here too. In the same way.

Third time is a charm?

He only speaks up on the forum to push his videos. He can always pick up some extra views by posting his videos all over the internet. Views equal dollars.

Actually, I do use appropriate personal protection when in the kitchen. I also use appropriate personal protection when making soap and candles, mixing and using insecticides and herbicides.

I add hearing protection to the mix when using power tools.

I also use archival quality gloves when handling uncirculated coins and currency.

Almost lost a thumb last time I did not wear proper gloves. Never again.

In refining, many toxins are created that need mitigation. Failure to recognize this, and take appropriate action, can result in death, if one is lucky. A lifetime of pain and anguish if one is not.

Do as you will.

Time for more coffee.
Sirs, Sirs,
Two wrongs don't make a right. Safety is of paramount importance. Don't take risks. Be safe.

That lady spicing up your video really wasn't enjoying that NOx cloud you exposed her to.
Had you taken the time to know what you are talking about, you would have read the description of the video which contains the following:

"NOTE: Some trolls are complaining about the lack of safety in this experiment, especially when dumping the glass of water in the acid. This scene was actually well-prepared, repeated, and the purpose of it was to create a buzz (it worked). Aspen was safe at all time. The angle with which the scene was recorded makes it look like she is close to the acid, but she is actually at a safe distance. Also, our position was carefully chosen so that the wind was systematically blowing the fumes away from us. Small details that trolls can't understand, apparently."

Had you taken the time to know what you are talking about, you would have read the description of the video which contains the following:

"NOTE: Some trolls are complaining about the lack of safety in this experiment, especially when dumping the glass of water in the acid. This scene was actually well-prepared, repeated, and the purpose of it was to create a buzz (it worked). Aspen was safe at all time. The angle with which the scene was recorded makes it look like she is close to the acid, but she is actually at a safe distance. Also, our position was carefully chosen so that the wind was systematically blowing the fumes away from us. Small details that trolls can't understand, apparently."
This is the point where you have earned my ignorance.
I will not be seeing your posts anymore. 👍
Continue as you like, I think your stay will be short.

We know better but your “customers” online might not.
Another reference to trolls or other ill chosen characteristics of members will terminate your stay here!!

I personally would use gloves for the acids, but I tend to agree with what the OP says, because a friend of mine is doing a PhD in chemistry, and he showed me how he makes nitric acid. What he does is basically the same setup as used by the OP. And he showed me that not much happens when you get these acids on your hands. He dipped his finger in concentrated sulfuric acid, then casually went to the sink to rinse it. No marks on his finger.

Acid itself you can get lucky, dissolve some palladium and dip your hand in it (sarcasm).
Would you pull the pizza tray from the oven without gloves?
He does give a warning at the beginning of the vid atleast.
There is a difference between gloves and gloves you should know what you are doing to use the right kind.
Also, you can dissolve gold with 98% boiling sulfuric, it's just stupidly dangerous, yet you can't dissolve copper?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back