Need info on this material

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those big chips are gas hogs.

Shark is correct... they take forever to incinerate properly.

I do still keep them in the hopes there will be a better way to process them in the future. I've thought about using a band saw to cut off the outer third on both sides, then processing the middle third.... but it's just another project I might get around in trying...someday.

Shark is correct... they take forever to incinerate properly.

I do still keep them in the hopes there will be a better way to process them in the future. I've thought about using a band saw to cut off the outer third on both sides, then processing the middle third.... but it's just another project I might get around in trying...someday.
I did a test with burning them on a fine steel screen over a wood fire that sits on top of a piece of sheet metal. The screen is stretched over the fire about a foot above the wood and held in place with bricks on two sides. The chips ash completely, and all large metal pieces are caught in the screen, while the small ash and other fine particles can be just sifted through once the fire's out and it cools.

It's easy to find a free piece of screen large enough, and the scrap wood and brick costs nothing. All you need to know is how to build a proper wood fire lay, so you get complete combustion.

Latest posts

Back