neutralizing

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew

I have spent aq and hlc+bleach in a couple of bucks. They have been setting out side and most or all the water has evaporated. I was wondering if I added water to them if it would help the neutralizing part. I'm using ph+ that i got from wall-mat.

Allowing some scrap iron to soak in it for a few days will drop the base metals out first. Lime from the garden center is much cheaper for neutralizing wastes.

No it is not dry. I was wondering also if the temper has a big impact on how long it takes. It has been in 30F. for a couple of weeks. I put in about a half of a cap two days ago and it is still foaming.

If ph+ is soda ash it probably melted together into a lump. It may be sitting on the bottom with base metals protecting it. Lots of stirring while adding it slowly should help. Or dissolve some in a small amount of water before adding.

The acid is what is keeping your solution from freezing, neutralize now and you may split your bucket.

You should get the base metals out first. You drop them out from an acid solution with iron. They are the toxic part that will remain after neutralization.

Latest posts

Back