New ??? Precipitant???

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicknitro

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has ever experimented with Ammonium Sulfide as a precipitant. I understand that any lower base metals will precipitate PGM's , just wondering if anyone has personally tried this.

I'm experimenting with a small batch of a failed solution from one of my first endeavors into refinery. A small batch of cell phone boards. The initial experience was an instant color change from the green "copper" ridden solution to brown solution. Then later on , about 5 minutes, the solution cleared, and went back to a greenish solution, with a brown precipitant still residing. Shaken, the precip kinda went back into solution, but settled out again. I will update on the progress, just would like to hear any prior experience with this, or a similar compound.

I was also wondering if this compound could eliminate the Urea treatment to an AR solution by way of reaction with the Ammonium Ions.I uderstand that the reaction may relase some flammable gas, so does HCL if used with some chemicals.

Advice greatly appreciated. Especially the experts.

Thanks,
Nick

Latest posts

Back